Gastroenterology Community
pain like clinched fist

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain like clinched fist

i had emergency strangulated hernia in october 2011, possibly due to gastric bypass surgery done in december 2008.  
Colonscopy done in May 2012 said I had a "tortuous colon" .  Question is:  I have a pain like a clinched fist trying to get out.  this is in the same area as the hernia.  I would like to know what does this pain mean?  2nd:  what kind of doctor handles this , is it a gastroenterologist? or is it a bypass surgeon?  3rd:  what does this pain mean , does it mean this is a warning for another emergency strangulated hernia? or is it just due to the tortuous colon? 4th: I also have symptons of incontinence with my bowel functions, especially when cough or sneeze, it is very disturbring affecting my personal and social life, is there anyway to fix this bowel incontinence?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It is hard to know what that pain means without further testing being done.  A gastroenterologist is probably more likely to be helpful with this.  How old are you?  What is the consistency of your stools?