Gastroenterology Community
pain lower right side above hip

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain lower right side above hip

I have a pain in my lower right side above my hip. It almost feels muscular, but I have heard that some times it feels as if it is sore muscles but is not. Can you help me
I hope somone answers your question because I have the same pain. I'm kind of nervous because I thought that I may have liver damage because I take alot of perscription medications. But my pain is a dull pain and I do work out but I don't think that it's muscular either.
Don't be nervous.  Get an ultrasound to make sure it's not gallstones.  If you do have them then you need to have your gallbladder out.  I just had mine out a week ago.  Pain is gone and I feel great and can eat anything.  
I have this same pain and my gallbladder has been removed. The pain is always there, but I couldn't actually find the pain by feeling around until this morning while I was laying on my left side with my legs pulled up, I pushed just above my hip bone and finally found it with my fingers. I thought I was just imagining things because I can't feel it any other way.
It's bizarre! Looking for answers...
I have been to a surgeon , A Pa that said my colon has hard feces which is causing me to be bloated with distention of belly . Pain won't go away . Now I have Bright green bowel movements. No one will take it serious . the pain does not go away . When I turn over at night I have horrible pain . Has anyone had this ?
Hey, I do have a similar problem. I've been to the doctors twice now and they told me that I appear to be healthy, (after blood drawn, tests run ect.) but the RN that was there did advise me of a condition that COULD be the cause. She was a RN that was trying to assist, so please keep in mind it very well could be something else, but she found out my family has a history of polycystic's, (this would have been nice to know before the doctor visit as my mom and I have the same Doctor...) anyway, they have seen extreme cases that can cause major pain for some time and then disappear for a day or two before returning. It is painful and very inconvenient... but it's your bodies way of "discarding" or passing the cyst or it detaches from one localized area and moves to another creating excruciating pain for about 30 min to an hour everyday, (at least for me). there is really nothing they could do for me.... as this condition progresses it has been causing other issues for me but on the bright side, I've found that I have developed a great pain tolerance. The best remedy for me, is a HOT Epsom salt bath once a week. This is very temporary, but for the next 24 hours after I really don't have any pains. But I also wanted you to keep in mind I've had Pilonidal cyst's, (12 to be exact) at the base of my tailbone for 3 years now that they will not remove for me because the surgery is too invasive. Hopefully this helps. But Honestly if it continues to get worse, see your doctor you could have something completely different.