pain mostly under left rib cage
I think this is the topic!!!  Recently i began working out at the gym after
putting on about 25 or so lbs.  last week was the third week and i went
a little strong on the "crunches" using light weights!  When i woke the
next day i had crazy pain under both ribs but mostly my left side and it
worsened each day> The right side went away but the left got worse.  It hurts to sit
breathe sneeze and coughing is the killer!  Today a week later i still feel it thru
my side too!  painful to touch!  I thought it was just a pulled muscle but am not sure
the pain would last this long!  Any ideas?  Possible hernia thru strain?? I am 46 yrs old
and was in great shape a few yrs ago!  Not so much any more!!!!  Thank You
hi, yes i think you might have a hernia from exertion, somtimes they correct themselves, if it remains the same for another week then seek medical attention. cheers.
Sounds like you did too much all at once instead of working up to it. If you haven't done crunches in a while, you should ALWAYS work up to the amount that you want to eventually do daily. You shouldn't start out 'all at once" with your "desired goal."

Believe me,I know first hand, I don't have patience to work up to anything, so I ALWAYS do too much too soon with whatever I do......Unless you pulled something, the pain will probably go away in a few more days or maybe a bit longer, if not, I would go to a doctor and get checked out. But IMO, its probably just a strain....grab some hulky -bulky steroid addicted  :o) weight lifter at the gym and ask his advice/opinion. They usually know alot - except they don't seem to know steroids are bad for them, but he could probably tell you why you have the pain.

Feel better,
MO
Thanks for the responses and advice!  have a great day!