pain on right side of belly button
Could this be gastritis or something else. It is sharp pain that is eased by pressure applied directly on it by two fingers. There is no after pain, just sharp pain that goes away and comes back every few minutes. This has lasted for 8 hours or more. I am a woman, had a hysterectomy and am also 58 years old with poor general health ans on a few antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds.

JJ

This discussion is related to pain near navel on right side what is there?.
Aloha,
I recently has similar symptoms.  It could a wide variety of issues.  I had an ultra sound, blood work and a CT Scan.  None are showing negative results.  The next step for me is a Hida Scan to check out my gallbladder and the ducts in the liver and gallbladder.  

Interestingly enough, my doctor asked if I had every had abdominal surgery....she thought these symptoms were indications of "scar tissue" from surgery.  It doesn't apply to me, but maybe something that you could check into.