pain upper left side
have had a productive cough for 6 weeks, and now have almost lost my voice.  4 weeks ago developed excruiating pain upper left side under ribs radiating to the centre and down on my stomach.  have had chest xray, clear, had ct of chest, also clear.  moments of nausea, with some vomitting and diarohrea occasionally.  any ideas, doctors at a loss.  blood test returned high legionella pnuemonia count.  i am a 44 year old woman.  if any one has any suggestions ... getting really tired of being sick and coughing and being in pain

This discussion is related to pain in upper left ribs/just under left breast.
I read your post and I want to tell you to have the doctors check you for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I just turned 30 years of age and I was diagnosed with cancer and it all started with a persistent cough. I had chest x-rays done, doctors thought it may be tuberculosis, no not that. Finally visited a Pulmonary and he felt a lump on the left side of my neck. I didn’t know it was there it was painless. He ordered a biopsy on it and it was cancer and it all started with a cough that wouldn't go away. I put it off thought I was getting a cold, but that cough wouldn’t stop. Now, regarding the sharp pain under left breast. I just literally had it. I get them from time to time. I thought I was having a heart attack. I googled it and there was a post for the condition called Precordial Catch Syndrome (PCS). Look into it and read more about it. It helped me cause I seriously thought I was having a hear attack. I advised my doctor of it and they just keep record of them. I hope this helps.