Gastroenterology Community
pain

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pain

ok sorry if i gross anyone out so when i have a stool its not super hard but not soft and it hurts to go sometimes there blood not alot could this be hemeroids?
Yup...it could be hems. Do you notice blood only when you have a movement? Is is bright red? Do you get constipated often?  Please see your doctor...don't be embarrassed when he wants to examine you...many people get these. But to rule out anything more serious...you need to be examined. Not knowing your age...a colonscopy could be beneficail, as a screening.
I wish you the best in finding out why and what is going on.
(i am 20) the answer is yes to all of them and thank you i have made an appt. for the 23rd to be checked
Thats great news! I'm glad you made the appt.
There are 2 kinds of hems...inside and outside. The outer ones are pretty easy to detect...they feel like bumps and are tender and sore. NOT FUN. If you have this type, don't waste your money on the products for these! I was told by a proctologist to use "good ol' shortening". It helps them from getting irritated and will help if you wish to try to gently push them back inside. A nice warm bath helps the discomfort too.
Internal hems...the doctor could prescribe "Anusol", a suppository that helps in reducing the swelling, itching and irritation and possibly an anti-biotic incase there may be an infection.  
Its also a good idea to eat more fiber...search the web for high fiber foods. MiraLax is a powder that helps soften stools...its a 7 day regimen. Its tasteless and can be mixed with water, juice, what ever.  Keeping the stool soft is always a good thing.  
Straining to have a BM causes hems, as well as giving birth.  
Good luck Samantha!  I wish you more comfort in the very near future!!
thank you so much