Gastroenterology Community
painful bowel movements for my toddler
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

painful bowel movements for my toddler

5237374?1262743682
my 21 month old son has been having extremely painful bowel movements since he was 3 months old. i took him to numerous doctors as well as the emergency room all with the same result...none. they all say its just constipation and he will eventually grow out of it. please help because i believe this is something serious and not just constipation. here are his symptoms: when he tries to move his bowels he clenches his whole body and screams very high pitch in pain, sweats, his belly gets bloated to the point it pushes out his ribs and looks pregnant, very gritty bowels when they do pass whether its soft or not(very little comes out at a time). all these things happen on a daily basis off and on all day. my poor child suffers everyday from this. please..im begging for help....