Gastroenterology Community
painful distended abdomen

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

painful distended abdomen

I have had a distended abdomen for 3 months now....I had a heart attack 4 months ago and then my stomach, especially the upper part started to swell and now the whole thing is swollen, heavy and painful.....it is very tender to touch....I am also experiencing a pins and needle sensation over the lower half of my body.    I am a diabetic on insulin as well.    I have had a ultrasound done and will find out the results tomorrow, but have the Dr baffled so far.   I cannot go on the way I am feeling and would like answers.    Before the heart attack I was on meds for my Diabetis and it was under control......Heart disease runs in my family, so I was not surprised when it happened.   I am 54 years old.