Gastroenterology Community
painless fluttering/spasms in right lower abdomen...

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I've been recently having spasms as described above. It's near the area where the doctors cut in to remove my appendix many years ago. It feels like its on the surface of my abdomen, but I'm assuming it's lower, in my intestines, stomach or colon. I'm not sure what else is down there, as a matter of fact. I've also noticed mucus coming from my rectum, quite often when I have a bowel movement, and recently had an excretion of clear mucus after a night of heavy drinking. What could be wrong?
Anyone?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It might be some scar tissue causing you these problems.  Also, I would recommend not drinking so much, that would cause the mucus.
Thanks for the reply, but I've noticed the symptoms even under the belly button. Why would scar tissue even cause something like this? Are there any doctors out there who could comment on this symptom of a stomach spasm?
Scar tissue can cause your bowels to slightly twist making it harder for gas and stool to move through.  This can cause the spasms you describe.  There aren't any doctors on this forum to answer questions and currently the expert forum is closed.
mucus or puss like matter in your stool scares the **** otta me. dont mean to stir a panic, however its usually caused by a intestinal infection.there are many types of infections. the one you dont want to get is caused by far to many bad bacteria in the intestinal tract. this bad bacteria eats away at the intestinal lining and produce holes were bile can proliferate your system and cause deadly toxic results.during chemo I at one point encountered a infected tooth, the dentist gave me anti biotics that some how killed off all the good bacteria,leaving the bad to develop and eat away at the lining. I started realizing mucus or puss like stools that progressed until that was all that came out of me. during my next round of chemo I showed a nurse who just blew it off. as it got worse I developed stabbing pains. after much pissing, moaning and literally yelling at them they did a cat scan. Wadda ya know. my colon looked like swiss cheese. that evening (my 45th b-day) a surgeon rushes in stating I need my entire colon removed immediately due to the possibility of going into toxic shock. after signing all the paper work for surgery I was told it was non reversible. I'd be pooping in a bag the rest of my life.. NOT !! theres a fine line when quality of life comes into question. this was NOT acceptable I was given a 20% chance of survival with out surgery. I refused and took my chances .after pumping enormous amounts of anti biotics through a tube in my chest in ICU for three days I slowly recovered. what I had was called a "C-DIFF" infection. ..so if you ever find puss or whitish mucus in your stool,high tale it to your physician and dont take " Ah, its nothing" for an answer..better safe than dead.