Gastroenterology Community
pale yellow bead in my watery stool

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pale yellow bead in my watery stool

About 5 weeks ago I had bariatric surgery (the sleeve procedure.) Recently I had passed a pale yellow bead sized ball in my watery stool. A bit of pressure was required to burst the ball and there seem to be fluid inside. I have had issues with constipation since the surgery. Any ideas????
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Excessive intake of red meat, wheat, sugar, and alcohol can cause appearance of small pellets in the stool. I may not be able to tell you exactly what is causing these yellow beads in stools. What are the other symptoms you have been having? Undigested food particles and other conditions can cause such yellow beads to appear in stools. These are only a few possibilities. A complete medical history, clinical examination will definitely be helpful.
Best wishes and regards!
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Best wishes and regards!
Thank you very much for your feedback. Since I am only 5 weeks post-op I have eaten only the required 3oz. chicken & fish per meal & I have a strict dietary regimen to follow since my surgery. I do not consume alcohol & I have been diagnosed previously with IBS. I was wondering if it could be caused by the slow release meds that I have been taking.( pantaloc & wellbutrin) both which are difficult to digest for pts. of bariatric surgery. I have since ceased the Rx's hoping that it would solve the problem. Thanks again, Wishing you all the best in the new year!