pancreatic calcification/stone
On father’s day of 2009, I went to the ER with all kinds of stomach and back pain and was diagnosed with pancreatitis. After several weeks of tests, they found a calcification that formed IN THE PANCREAS-not the gallbladder. It was removed during ERCP and that was it. Never had any further problems. The dr could not find a reason for this at all. I do not drink AT ALL.

On Tuesday of this week, I started developing the same pain etc.. went to my PCP who thought it was my gallbladder. I had a CT scan and it was fine. He referred me back to the GI doc who helped me with the pancreas stuff.

I had that appt today. He tells me that he does not think this is my gallbladder. He thinks I have another calcification in the pancreas and I am to have a secretin stimulator MRCP next thursday.

When I look online, I find references to problems with the pancreas and/or gallbladder with heavy drinking and cancer.

What else could be causing these to form?????

any thoughts would be appreciated.
Bumping my post. Is anyone familiar with this?
My aunt has a stone in her pancrease nd she is having her periods from more than 20 days is it only bcoz of the stone or she has any othr problem
I was just diagnosed with the same think, and am not a heavy drinker. My doctor said that there has been a link between pancreatic stones and the high estrogen from birth control pills...