Gastroenterology Community
pancreatic duct dilation

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

pancreatic duct dilation

My mum has been unwell for a few weeks, feeling sick, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue and a little jaundice too. She went to the doctors and had some blood tests done which led to her going to the hospital for an ultra sound scan. They found that she has a large gall stone. I was relieved! When she returned to the doctors to discuss this she had some more blood tests done as the doctor couldn't understand why her blood results were still abnormal and also decided to send her for a MRI scan.  She has had no pain and is still unwell, and yesterday she dropped into conversation that when she had her ultra sound teat that she had a dilated pancreatic duct.  What could this mean? I have to be honest that looking on the net it doesn't sound great!!! What are the options of what it could be? I'm very scared to be honest and any answers good or bad would be a help to me!