Gastroenterology Community
partial intestional blockage
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

partial intestional blockage

my husband is in hospital for partial intestional blockage. in 2005 he had esophageal cancer surgery. hes been in remission for three years.a few months ago they found cancer cells in fluid around lung area. he has been getting chemo for a few months when this happened.in fact he just had his first ct and they said he looked great even though they can't use the word "cancer free".They will find out more tomorrow when they can run some test. had to wait 24 hours until dye is out of system to run other test.Went to emergency room in terrible pain.vomiting. no fever and blood pressure good.we thought it was a kidney stone at first  because he has some fairly large ones in kidney.has acid reflux and barretts.HAD 25 radiation and clinical chemo the first time in 2005. do you think any of this is related? i'm sure i'll find out more tommorrow but I  wondered if there was any common cause for what hes been through. I  GUESS COULD BES. all they said so far is intestinal partial blockage. thank you for your help. sorry i can't type very good.    janice

This discussion is related to Scared about possible partial small bowel obstruction.