Gastroenterology Community
positive H-Pylori Test

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

positive H-Pylori Test

I tested positive for H-Pylori and took the 14 day treatment. I also had an endoscopy and CT scan to check for any other issues.  CT scan showed hazing over a part of the pancreas so they ordered a amylase and lypase blood test.  Lypase was fine but amylase was a 317.  Now they want to do a targeted CT scan of my pancreas.  I only have mild pain in my upper abdomine and mild discomfort like a pulled muscle in my lower back.  I have never smoked or had any alcohol, and exercise daily.  Could the H-Pylori still be causing these problems?
H. pylori would not have caused the changes - if any - to the pancreas. You should have the CT done to make sure that nothing is going on with your pancreas. It's a organ that can cause silent symptoms that may not be picked up until changes become very obvious.

Alcohol isn't the only thing that can impact the pancreas. Gallbladder issues and autoimmune pancreatitis are some other things that might want to be checked out.
I have also been diagnosed as having HelicoPylori, it seems to have given me a peptic ulcer. I am have been treating it successfully however using natural remedies. HelicoPylori can be killed and controlled by adding certain foods to the diet. Which includes Broccoli and garlic and a few others. I actually got the list from HelicoPylori.com it gives quite an extensive list at that. I think if you can hit the HelicoPylori from all angles with lots of different foods that it doesnt like you can keep it under control.

Quasimodo280
Quasimodo, if you read the actual studies you'll see that the natural treatment isn't suggested to kill H. pylori all the time, or in everyone. So, please, if you're using a natural treatment make sure the H. pylori is eradicated. It's important to do so even if you use antibiotics to treat the bacterium. There are certain strains of H. pylori that can go on to cause other problems such as heart problems. You don't want to control the H. pylori. You want to kill it.