post colonoscopy infection
I had a screening colonoscopy in 12/09. Within 3 months, my husband and I both had a raging case of anal itch, excoriation, fissures!  We first tried an anti-parasitics, (just to cover our bases), along with topical antifungals x2, one with steriod and one with zinc oxide base.  After months of this treatment without much success, we both went on oral ketoconazole for 2 months and the topicals continued.  We cleared up some, but as soon as we stopped all treatment, it would return.  I actually tried just vaseline for a while with some success, and topical triple antibiotic for awhile which seemed to help the most.  We attempting to give it all a chance and be somewhat scientific about treatment.  I assure you we are very clean and neat people.  I am assuming that whatever I got from the colonoscopy, I transferred to him with sexual contact.  Any thoughts? We are miserable. Only other causitive source might be that we started having more oral sex about this time in our relationship?  Looking for a cure and wanting to remain anonymous for obvious reasons. Neither of us have ever had a problem before the colonoscopy.
I don't feel this has anything to do with the colonoscopy.  Anal itch is either from hemorrhoids or pinworms.  You would know if you have pinworms as they are very small, white and your stool would be covered with them.  Try Cortizone 10 cream, and use only this.  Put it on your bottom after each bowel movement and maybe in between in the beginning. This will stop the itch immediately, which will also clear up any irritation. Look at your stool and if you see tiny white worms, you can get medication over the counter to rid yourself of these.  Hope this helps.