post op cholectomey problems
Hello, I have recently come out of the hospital after having my gallbladder removed,which was packed with stones and also my bilary duct had 9 stones inside and 4 inside my pancreas. I'm only 6 dy's post op but am in severe pain right in the centre just above my bellybutton and am also having chronic nausea and constant dirreah. Is this normal to feel this way after loosing your gallbladder? The pain is very intense and all i want to do is eat non-stop?? I'm very confused by all of this as i thought i would be back to good health by now but it's just getting worse each day. I also have an ileostomy and this is causing me terrible problems with the amount of dirreah that i'm having. As soon as i eat anything within 15-20 minutes it just pours out of my stoma, then i get terrible leakege from my appliance. Any suggestion's would be very grateful. Regard's. Beverley. :(((((

This discussion is related to Post Gallbladder surgery pain..
As I can't speak to your stoma, I can address what I'm going through. Today is Saturday April, 4, 2015. I had my gall bladder removed Monday, March 30? I'm having 180 problems compared to you. No appetite, I'm very very sore, and I'm terribly constipated. I know that pain pills campuses bowel back-up, so I've taken myself off of pain pills   It's been 30 hours on Tylenol. My "cavity" where my gall bladder was is SO painful. It hurts to take deep breaths. My surgery was done laparoscopically. I have a constant low grade fever. Generally, I'm feeling lots of malaise. Is anyone else able to relate to what I'm saying, and hopefully give me some good news that this too will pass?