prolonged Loose or watery stool and unplanned weight loss
I am posting my problem here with a hope at least I can find some answer.
In January I had diarrhea for 1 week.I was having watery stools,but no stomach pain .Later I was diagnosed by my physician with amebiasis. I used Metronidazole 3 times a day for 10 days.Later I was referred to ID Specialist where I was given Yodoxin 650mg each 3 times daily for 20 days.After the course I gave my stool test for 4 times where every time it was normal.No traces of amebiasis
My problem starts here even after that I am having loose or watery stools and I am loosing weight.In January i was 177lbs and now I came down to 159lbs..From past four years I was having severe belching.I visited the Gastroenterologist thinking my watery stools might be due to my problem with belching.He prescribed Aciphex for 30days,Probiotic 30days and iron supplement 30days.He again did some stool test.No traces of any bacteria .They also performed Colonoscopy,which was also normal.Took some stool sample and tissue sample from the colon.Even those results came normal.But my problem still stays the same.Every day in the morning I have either loose or watery stool.Now-a-days I pass a lot of gas. My belchings came back but my doctor told those might be from stress.He also did some blood work for Celiac disease.Even that was normal.
My doctor has scheduled for Upper Endoscopy this week,if even that comes out normal ,his next step is CT Scan.Meanwhile they tols my sugar levels are little bit high.i cut down all the sugars,fatty foods etc.Nothing is helping me to change my bowel symptoms.When I went for GTtest my fasting sugar levels are normal.So my Gastroenterologist says to continue eating everything as before my condition has started to see whether it helps in gaining my weight back.Right now I am in process of eating more.
What can my problem really be.I am so nervous.Should I take a second opinion.Sometimes I am not even able to sleep.is it something life threatening .Please Help me.Please help me.Your answer is highly appreciated.Thank you
Your GI doc sounds like he's on top of this.  I know this is scary and frustrating-- I feel the same way with my similar problem.  But all you can do is keep at it.  If your GI doc is running out of ideas, absolutely get a second opinion.  What can it hurt?
Hopefully the CT scan will show something.  Also ask him about the colonoscopy, did he get into the small bowel?  If this continues and tests come back negative ask for blood work that would show if you have the crohns gene.
And don't worry, even if it were to be crohns or something like that, it sounds like it is very mild.  But may be starting to flare.  There are antibiotics for the flare-ups.

Jayne