Gastroenterology Community
pyloroplasty
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pyloroplasty

I have just recently been diagnosed with gastroparesis and my doctor is exploring the option of pyloroplasty. Has anyone on here ever had that done? I've been reading some scary stories from other people, and I am trying to figure out if I even want to consider this as an option. Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
Related Discussions
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I have gastroparesis and I know many people that have had a pyloroplasty, so even though I've never had this done, I know quite a bit about this.  In my opinion, a pyloroplasty should only be done as a very last resort.  The problem with it is that it can cause a lot of problems, and one of the big ones is dumping syndrome (basically the opposite of gastroparesis).  Also depending on what caused your gastroparesis, it can actually cause more problems like nausea.  For instance, my gastroparesis is caused by an autonomic neuropathy, so even though my stomach is the worst, my entire GI tract doesn't work well, so in my case, a pyloroplasty wouldn't be helpful.  What medications have you tried?  What dietary changes have you tried?  I am currently 100% tube fed through the J portion of a GJ tube so I completely understand how gastroparesis is so hard to treat.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...