pyloroplasty
I have just recently been diagnosed with gastroparesis and my doctor is exploring the option of pyloroplasty. Has anyone on here ever had that done? I've been reading some scary stories from other people, and I am trying to figure out if I even want to consider this as an option. Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I have gastroparesis and I know many people that have had a pyloroplasty, so even though I've never had this done, I know quite a bit about this.  In my opinion, a pyloroplasty should only be done as a very last resort.  The problem with it is that it can cause a lot of problems, and one of the big ones is dumping syndrome (basically the opposite of gastroparesis).  Also depending on what caused your gastroparesis, it can actually cause more problems like nausea.  For instance, my gastroparesis is caused by an autonomic neuropathy, so even though my stomach is the worst, my entire GI tract doesn't work well, so in my case, a pyloroplasty wouldn't be helpful.  What medications have you tried?  What dietary changes have you tried?  I am currently 100% tube fed through the J portion of a GJ tube so I completely understand how gastroparesis is so hard to treat.
My daughter has Spina Bifida, Tethered Spinal Cord and Dysautonomia. After a 8 hr spinal lamenoctomy in Sept 2013 she developed Gastroparisis. She has a GJ tube, but is still in constant pain with severe nausea. She is 18 and all of her illnesses are physical only with the exception of anxiety and depression related to her medical issues. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have to help ease her constant pain. Thank you.