Gastroenterology Community
recovery from a ercp
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

recovery from a ercp

My husband had his Gallbladder out which they told him it was only working at 13% and was completely diseased.  He came home for about a week in a half and ended up back in the ER.  They admitted him and after several more tests and his symptoms they said that he had Schpincter of Oddi and needed to have an ERCP done.  Tomorrow will be 5 days since the porcedure, but he still feels no real relief.  Is this normal?  How long until he will feel no pain in his stomach?
Tags: Recovery
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What did they find when they did the ERCP? Was he stented afterward? Did they cut the sphincter (sphincterotomy?) How are his liver and pancreatic enzyme levels? Does he have any signs of pancreatitis? Is he supposed to be following any form of specialized diet?

And more importantly, if they said he had sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, were pressure readings done when the ERCP was done? Were those readings elevated?
Blank
They cut the sphincter.  I don't know how his liver or his pancreatic enzymes are?  They released him about 4 hours after surgery and he has not been seen again yet.  They said that he would have experienced pancreatitis immediatley after the surgery if he was going to get it.  The problem regarding finding out the pressure readings is we did not have a second doctor on hand to make the actual diagnosis for the disfunction.  They felt confident that this is what it was and that they could do it immeditaly with out the second doctor and cutting the sphincter would not hurt anything.  
Blank
i hope he feels better soon - i have had  3x ERCP - not nice.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank