Gastroenterology Community
recurring gastroenteritis symptoms
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

recurring gastroenteritis symptoms

I had a bout of what I believed to be gastroenteritis about a month ago. I am currently working overseas and when the symptoms began I went to a doctor but due to language difficulties I wasn't really sure if the doctor diagnosed gastroenteritis or not. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and within two weeks I was fine again. In the last two days I've started to suffer from some of the same symptoms again; mild fever, tiredness, excessive thirst, mild muscle pain and bowel discomfort. The symptoms are not as strong as the first time and I'm not suffering from diarrhea to the same extent as the last time although my stools are small and many. I've been watching what I eat very carefully and I haven't eaten out since the last time I was sick. The only coincidence with both bouts is that I ate lots of cherries about a day or two before the symptoms started, (cherries are in season here and they are delicious but they are something that I never eat at home). I can't imagine that they would be the cause but they are really the only common factor. Should I be worried about something like diabetes or can gastroenteritis recur in this manner?
Related Discussions
Is there any one out there who can help me?
Due to Kidney stones and the crushing of them the urologist deemed it necessary to do some testing.  A liver panel was done and my enzymes are high.
ALT and AST  in the 200 and 300 hundreds.
Advised me to see my physician which I did.
FOLLOW UP TESTS indicated I do not have Hep A, B, or C.
However an ultra sound indicated an enlarged bile duct.
( Gall bladder was removed several years ago so it has nothing to do with the present problem.)
I do have a history of colon problems including  IBS - D.
Recently pain has developed in upper right side of stomach and has affected even my left side.  A colic type of pain.
Another blood test was taken as a follow up from the one taken a week ago. Results are pending.   A CT scan ( abdomin (abdomen) / pelvis ) scheduled for July 31st.
Waiting for confirmation appointment with a Gastroenterologist, which I hope will be soon.
Any encouragement will be much appreciated - Dorothy - 70yo
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank