Gastroenterology Community
red stool please help

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

red stool please help

over the last two days i have drank hawaiian punch and this morning and all day my poop was red but it was not coating it is this from what i drank i know a few months ago i ate red velvet cake and the next day it was red a bit brighter then this is it the red dye 40 i do have a stomach ache but i have these a lot i have some stomach problems that the DR does not know what they are so some days i feel good and others i don't  but he says i am fine
Then this is perfectly normal; you have nothing to worry about.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  This is most likely not serious and is caused by the red dye in your foods.  Does this ever happen when you haven't eating anything that is red in color?
when i eat or drink things with red dye 40 this happens and when i eat a lot of pasta sauce
Does this happen when you don't eat/drink those things?
no only when i eat and drink these things
thank you but now my stomach is crampy and had to go to the bathroom and it burned and barely any thing it was like mucus i went this morning and it was kinda loose but after i ate chips and queso  it started this burning and after i go i still fill it some
That is unrelated to your other symptoms.  I would recommend seeing your doctor about this.
my brother and dad have been sick so i think i got what they have
I would recommend that you all see the doctor about this.
it went away
Good, I'm glad you are feeling better.
I had painful red diarrhea after having a cherry 7 Up yesterday. Red dye is a common "allergy" according to my research. Some people's bodies cannot digest it and they end up with stomach pain, gas and diarrhea. Red dye is in a lot of processed foods which would explain why you get stomach aches so often. Red 40 is the most common culprit. I know this post is old but I hope you get this or have figured it out for yourself. I know I don't want to feel like I did yesterday, again. No more red dye for me.