referred shoulder pain

I am meeting with the surgeon on Thursday to talk about getting rid of my gall bladder. I don't have stones. My rate on the hida scan was 16%. Am having alot of upper right abdominal pain and referred pain to my right shoulder and back and chest. The dr has given me levsin which helps quite a bit with the abdominal pain but not with the constant pressure or the referred pain. Is there any treatment that will help with the referred pain? Sometimes the referred pain hurts worse than the abdominal pain
Cam
I had my gallbladder removed in 05. It started with feeling sick to my stomach, so I was tested for reflux they treated me with zantac and it helped for a while, than I got the shoulder pain and was sent for physical therapy which was no help. it took over 5 years to figure out it was my gallbladder and only after I ended up in the emergancy room. You will find many things help with the pain for a while but if your gallbladder is not functioning properly the symptoms will keep getting worse. The surgery was not bad I was back on my feet within three days. You can lessen symptoms by eating a restricted diet. Avoid fatty foods, spicy foods and acidy foods these all cause the gallbladder and liver to work harder and release excess bile. which causes all the pain and sickness. I had stones and had no choice but to have my gallbladder removed. Follow the surgeons suggestion and try the restricted diet. it helped me because I waited a couple months to have my surgery. I ended up in the emergancy room on christmas eve. Good Luck