Gastroenterology Community
reflux with blood taste

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

reflux with blood taste

Lately I have been tasting blood in my mouth and I am afraid it is coming from stomach. I recently also started tasting a bitter taste and was diagnosed with high grade acid reflux. I coughed and a couple of drops of blood came out in the toilet. My GP keeps saying its sinusitus but I got a CT of sinuses, chest and head and nothing came up. Has anyone had this happen?
I had the same thing and I was terrified!!!  Since then, I've had it happen a few times when the reflux was acting up bad. But its not more than a drop or two and then once its out it stops. I also have bad post nasal drip and everyone kept telling me that it was probably from that...but it isn't. In fact I found out that reflux can cause the nasal and throat issues! So...I believe it is from the reflux too also because the taste of blood comes up when I clear my throat and then try to spit out. I sometimes have a dry cough and a choking feeling too from the reflux which also causes me to constantly clear my throat. To make matters worse I'm a singer so its a real problem. I'm always worried that I'm goinbg to get a reflux attack when I have to perform and also I worry that my throat and vocal cords will get damaged from the constant acid irritation. When it first happened i thought it was my lungs or a bronchial related souce because i also get a slight wheezing in my chest and some back pain so  I was really scared too. But again the reflux is known to also cause these symtoms (symptoms) as well. I have a close friend who is an MD and she examined and diagnosed me with the acid reflux (without testing) and gave me Nexium. I threw them in the garbage and just modified my diet. I don't go to doctors and wont take drugs. They are both more dangerous than the desease itself in my opinion. Instead I'm under the care of a nutritionist/kinesioligist and have had wonderful results! I still get symtoms (symptoms) from time to time but not as severe or as often. Good luck!
scfromnyny