Aa
A
A
Close
reflux with blood taste
Lately I have been tasting blood in my mouth and I am afraid it is coming from stomach. I recently also started tasting a bitter taste and was diagnosed with high grade acid reflux. I coughed and a couple of drops of blood came out in the toilet. My GP keeps saying its sinusitus but I got a CT of sinuses, chest and head and nothing came up. Has anyone had this happen?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had the same thing and I was terrified!!!  Since then, I've had it happen a few times when the reflux was acting up bad. But its not more than a drop or two and then once its out it stops. I also have bad post nasal drip and everyone kept telling me that it was probably from that...but it isn't. In fact I found out that reflux can cause the nasal and throat issues! So...I believe it is from the reflux too also because the taste of blood comes up when I clear my throat and then try to spit out. I sometimes have a dry cough and a choking feeling too from the reflux which also causes me to constantly clear my throat. To make matters worse I'm a singer so its a real problem. I'm always worried that I'm goinbg to get a reflux attack when I have to perform and also I worry that my throat and vocal cords will get damaged from the constant acid irritation. When it first happened i thought it was my lungs or a bronchial related souce because i also get a slight wheezing in my chest and some back pain so  I was really scared too. But again the reflux is known to also cause these symtoms as well. I have a close friend who is an MD and she examined and diagnosed me with the acid reflux (without testing) and gave me Nexium. I threw them in the garbage and just modified my diet. I don't go to doctors and wont take drugs. They are both more dangerous than the desease itself in my opinion. Instead I'm under the care of a nutritionist/kinesioligist and have had wonderful results! I still get symtoms from time to time but not as severe or as often. Good luck!
scfromnyny
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank