Gastroenterology Community
rib tightness, anxiety or something serious?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rib tightness, anxiety or something serious?

Hi. For the past month or so I've been having this strange tightness under my left ribcage. As well as a "lump in throat" sensation. I do have pretty bad anxiety and im anxious and nervous all the time. I'm always worried about my health. I've been having SOME pencil thin stools. But they get thicker on and off, their is no blood in my stool and its a regular brown color. I don't have any pain in my abdomen just a very awkward "tightness" under my ribcage. When I dont think about it, it goes away. I also have a family history of thyroid problems. Could this be something serious? Or all in my head? P.S im not taking any meds for my anxiety. Nor do I have insurance to go to the dr
Hi, your symptoms could be related to anxiety. The chest tightness is not related to thyroid disorders. Begin with good lifestyle measures to counter anxiety. They help to reduce the severity of symptoms. Practice relaxation techniques and avoid becoming over anxious. Exercise regularly. Avoid those foods which you feel re aggravating your symptoms. Eliminate alcohol, stop smoking and avoid caffeinated beverages and spicy food. If the symptoms worsen consult your primary care physician for medications. Regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...