Gastroenterology Community
right rib cage pain (gallbladder fine)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

right rib cage pain (gallbladder fine)

For the past 8 weeks, I have been experiencing right rib cage pain, sometimes on the left side too and minor upper back pain. I was dx with GERD two years ago. My GI doctor placed me back on Dexliant and Sulfate four weeks ago. I was tested with ultrasound and HIDA scan 64% both normal, no stones or immflamation.  I also had a upper endoscopy done two years when I was dx with GERD and CT scan around the same time which was normal.  

My GI doctor said it was most likely was a fare up after being off my medicine for about 3 months beforehand. The medicine has nearly stopped the upper middle stomach pain that is usual for my condition. Yet, I get this daily (on and off) lower right rib cage pain. Some days are better than others, not severe either, but enough to bother me.

I do not feel pain after eating. I even eat large fatty foods to see if this made a difference, no vomiting or nausa after eating. I feel the pain sometimes in the morning before eating breakfast. I can get some relief by just relaxing my self, walking around rather than sitting. The pain does not wake me when sleeping, I take OTC pain meds sometimes, it helps.  

My question is this most likely a cause like Costochondritis, muscle strain, or some other disorder? I been trying to keep a positive attitude toward this and not stress out since its been 8 weeks of pain.

Thank You
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...