rotten egg burps, bloating, nausea..help?
I have been having these rotten egg burps for the past year or so.( Since Nov. to be specific) They don't occur frequently but when they do happen i have severe bloating and nausea until whatever is in my stomach has been completely emptied out. My doctor tested me for Giardia and parasites and it came back negative, and I had an ultrasound done as she suspected it was my gallbladder, but the results showed no stones present. I'm frustrated because now daily I find myself bloated and extremely tired and my ribcage is extremely sensitive to touch on the right side. Now just this week i have had bloody stools, and I wonder if somehow it is all related or a completely seperate issue? If anyone has any ideas please let me know that would be fantastic.
Call your doc about the bloody stools, it's something the doc needs to know. It could be something completely separate, but it needs to be checked out.

Have you been checked for H. pylori? If you still suspect a gallbladder issue (due to family history of gallbladder issues) make sure you have a HIDA scan done with CCK injection. The ultrasound isn't the only test that should be done to check out the gallbladder.
Thank you for your reply ! umm I haven't been tested for H. pylori, but my doctor put me on medication called pariet, and on the sheet with it it said pariet is commonly used to fight off H. pylori so my thought would be that if I did have it, the medication i'm on would have gotten rid of it.
It may or may not have gotten rid of it. Remember, drugs don't always work, so you still need to be tested to find out IF you're not infected. The best test after 'treatment' would be a breath test.
Ask Doctor for colonsopy or CT scan...I hate to tell you I was diagnosed with same symptoms as you before I was finally diagnosed with my problem

Tony
I get that rotten egg taste at the begining of a bout of Gastroparesis
(paralization of the stomach). First the rotten egg taste, the burping the bloating and the gas because the food is just sitting there and starting to ferment and rot. Then I throw up for hours food that I have eaten as long ago as three days prior. Perhaps you have gastroparesis?
Did you ever get a diagnosis?  I am having similar symptoms without bloody stools and with the addition of green to orange stools with strange objects in them...hearing what you found out might help give me some direction.  so far all tests are normal....hope yours has resolved and you are feeling better.