Gastroenterology Community
ruptured bowels

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

ruptured bowels

Hi,i'm john 168, i just learned that my brother has a ruptured bowel,i would like to ask and to know,if its life treathening
my brother is 37 yrs old.thanks
Avatar n tn
If he has a rupture bowel they will be operated.  The threat is that infection sets in and the rupture has coated the other organs.

It could possibly be life threatening.

Best of luck
i had a rutured bowel they went in and removed some of my intestains about 7 months ago and i still feel so much pain and the feeling as through iam going to pass out and not too much of an appiatite and when i do eat it hurt so badly
Definitely an emergency!
My father died from that due to his doctor, an ER doctor not listening to me and a surgeon not operating until 2 hours after he was called.