scar tissue
I have had 2 bowel resections, surgery for an ectopic pregnancy, and other small surgeries.I have a lot of scar tissue. My ob/gyn did a laparoscopy to diagnose endometriosis and said that I have adhesions all over my abdominal cavity. My right ovary is attached to my uterus with adhesions and my bowels are covered. I have dealt with the pain of scar tissue since I was a teenager. Usually if I turn a certain way or cough too hard or do something wrong exercising, the scar tissue will pull. It always feels like when you stub your toe or hit your elbow hard on something. The pain is really bad for a minute or so, and then goes away. Today I coughed and had the pulling pain like always. Then I sneezed and had a terrible ripping sensation. That was hours ago, and it still hurts. Does anyone have these types of pain issues? Could something internal actually be ripped?
.
Numbers of individuals unfortunately have the same problems.

You could have pulled or twisted something further, which can cause a lot of discomfort. Sheets of the adhesion/scar can adhere to adjacent tissues and moving them apart can be shocking and very uncomfortable for hours to days. But if you're worried about something actually ripping, you need to check with your doctor.

I had a scar tissue from an auto accident that tied up quite a bit of my upper right side and caused discomfort. I went a slightly different route and have been working with a practitioner utilizing visceral manipulation as taught by a French osteopath. It's a slow process, but it has helped quite a bit. You might want to see if you can find a qualified practitioner in your area using the IAHP website. Kind of uncomfortable at times, but I'm more than willing to put up with slight aches versus what I was putting up with previously - even though I wish it was a faster process.