severe pain in esophagus
I have had pain in my lower esophagus for as long as I can remember every time I swallow.  For the last two weeks the pain has been constant and unbearable.  It also has started hurting not only in my lower esophagus (mid chest) but also mid ways up from that.  The only way I find relief is to lay on my stomach  with my head on a pillow.  I have tried to change my diet and have taken tylenol and prevacid and tums but nothing phases it at all.  I have also had diarrhea which is green in color accompanying this.  I am without insurance and financially I am drained.  Any answers as to what could be wrong would be great.  I am 31, and I am not over weight or anything.  
Hi, like I mentioned increased acid levels and regurgitation can cause the pain. To reduce acid levels try good life style measures. Take frequent small meals. Avoid spicy and oily food. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol, avoid caffeinated beverages and reduce stress levels. OTC antacids can further aid in reducing acid levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results. If your symptoms worsen then please consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. Regards.