Gastroenterology Community
severe pain in stomach every time I eat
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

severe pain in stomach every time I eat

severe stomach pain after eating or drinking
Posted: 08-05-08 22:44pm

I have been suffering from horrible stomach pain that begins an hour or so after eating or drinking anything except sugar water (ie:Boost, chicken soup broth give me the same pain). It happens every single time I eat.
If I have eaten something solid (mashed carrots, rice, chicken noodle soup) the pain usually peaks and I just vomit it all up. I still have pain after I vomit but it subsides over the next 4 hours or so. I have had a scope (no sign of ulcer), ultrasound (nothing unusual - no gallstones seen), and a CT (nothing unusual seen).
I just recently discovered that by drinking Apple Cider Vinegar when in pain the pain is relieved. I am able to eat bits of homemade yogurt and very small amounts of mashed carrot but I have to keep drinking the ACV for a long time afterwards to keep the pain at bay.
My condition is not changing at all and I am worried to keep drinking all the ACV!!! I have gone from 125lbs to 112lbs and I am worried to keep losing weight and be no closer to figuring out what is wrong with me. The doctor has absolutely no idea what is wrong. Can anyone help at all?!!!!