Gastroenterology Community
sharp pains on left side over stomach to back
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sharp pains on left side over stomach to back

For over 3 months I have had swelling over the top portion of my stomach, left side, with sharp pains coming from my back to front.  The stomach is not upset, I have had some constipation, but my stomach seems tighter each day.  Scoped in stomach a month ago with negative results, glad bladder removed over a month ago, no pain or problems.  Colon exam at same time.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
140029_tn?1393301742
do you drink at all?  Pancrease funtion/liver funtion blood tests ok?  That's probably first thing to ask for is liver pancrease tests especially after a gallbladder removal to make sure the sphincter of oddi isn't causing problems. There's also sometimes people get some condition like that after surgery and gb removal. That's one idea...

Sharp pains on upper left usually is stomach/pancrase/colon/small intestine..so since you just had gb removal that's one idea..  good luck :S
Blank
Your pain and swelling is where your liver is, so I would address this with your doctor.
Blank
tonight my fiancee has just had her stomache removed as of the very same symptons you have out lined above her stomache had  failed and she had shooting pains across her back as her stomache had punctured her dyaphram she has pain for 8 months get it checked by your doctor asap show her this post if you need to it could be the answer
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank