Gastroenterology Community
should i have adhesions removed again

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

should i have adhesions removed again

I have had over 22 surgery's, I have adhesions, but i dont know if thats the problem, I can not eat anything it makes me very sick, i will have severe cramping in my left side only & vomit just in the last month i have lost atleast fiffteen pounds what ever is wrong i hope someone will find soon, I no longer can function and take care of my family in this condition, i sweat constantly I really am completly depleated. it all started 20yrs ago when i had a complete hystorectomy Ive had multible laporoscopy's I have Intercyctail cystitis & an implant to cope with that pain I belive that scar tissue has my bowel pinned again. the Dr. I see keep repeating the same test ive had five complete colonoscopy's in 2yrs. the last on i was heavily medicated and when he was at my left side where its very painfull i woke up and started screaming i never felt something so horrible and my Gastronoligist makes not possible adhesions left side tender? what am i supposed to do suffer until i die? any information would help im in the area i would like to be seen in sanfrancisco, ca. there way ahead of the dortors we have here.
I have recently had adhesions removed that had my ovaries anchored to my bowel and my bowel had alot of adhesion they were up to my ribs on the right hand side which i had complained about for 8yrs.Since having them removed i feel alot freeer in my movements stretching, bending, walking eating going to the toilet its weird how you get used to pain and being restricted.Im glad i did it i have had alot of surgeries and need more but i think its better to continue to try to improve your quality of life than to give up.the only thing that will show up adhesions is a lap and i think you should ask for one .At the end of the day you know your own body better than anyone.

BEST OF LUCK.
I have a huge number of adhesions but when I had my recent surgery to remove ovarian cysts they found that all of my internal organs are glued together.  My gyn does not believe in removing adhesions as he says they will just grow back again.

However, please see this posting on MedHelp http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Ovarian+Cancer/Relief-for-Surgical-Adhesions/show/447?cid=80.  Ball rolling can eliminate your adhesions.  I am currently doing this to relieve my own issues.  There are some massage therapists who can work to remove adhesions as well.
One thing i forgot to mention is that adhesions tend to get worse over time and if they are on your bowel like mine were you can suffer an obstruction of the bowel.or they can strangle ovaries if left.My ovaries were not able to function and are full of cysts.I am waiting to see a gynae as it was a gastro that performed lap.I think i will have ovaries removed as the adhesions damaged them so much that i started to go through the change a few years ago so they really serve no purpose anymore and my bowel is more important they placed a film between ovaries and bowel to stop them from rejoining until i see gynae.I had this surgery on the 9th oct 2008.