Gastroenterology Community
shoulder pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

shoulder pain

I had surgery 2 weeks ago and had my gallbladder removed. I had righ shoulder/arm pain/chest pain, nausea and burping with acid reflex. After the surgery for a few days (3 days) i had BAD shoulder pain which i was told this is normal because of the gas they give you in surgery. It did go away after 3 days and i felt better than i had in awhile. Now im starting to notice my shoulder is starting to hurt again, does anyone know if this is this still from the gas or should i be concerned?

If anyone else who had gallbladder surgery had this happen to them How long did it take to get over the shoulder pain? Did it get better and return like mine has?

anyone?
Hi there,
yep the pain is normal,i had my galbladder removed 3yrs ago and had that pain for 2wks in my shoulder,i found out later that the opp envolves alot of gass been pumped into your body and it takes up to 2-3wks for it to leave, is your tummy still bloated? reason i ask is mine was for about a good mth after the opp, hope i was a help to your question and your feeling ok  
i appreciate that info i was scared my problem was somehow back

Thank you.
Hey crew guy-
This exact same experience is happening to me.  I had mine removed 8 days ago and now the shoulder pain is back.  I had the shoulder pain, nausea, and a bit of acid reflux also right after surgery.  I was fine for a few days and now this sharp pain in the right shoulder.  I think it is worse when I take a deep breath.  I am glad to hear that someone else has had the same symptoms and I am not going crazy.
So thanks for posing the comment.
Regards-
MN_MOM
Been having the same problem. Had my gallbladder out 4 days ago and still have pain in my left shoulder blade area. Hoping its just the gas also. Starting to think I was going crazy and I also have the acid reflux. I thought getting your gallbladder removed would solve all those problems.
I also just had my gallbladder out 7 days ago. I had severe pain between shoulder blades (more to right side upper area) that also went through to my chest. I too had hoped and had been told that removal of the gallbladder would solve this issue. It has not and I am very scared now. Could it take longer than this for it to resolve itself after having the gallbladder out?? Should I be looking at some other cause? This has been going on since April, originally thought Heart attack and Heart and Lung CT normal, then went to Chiro for months before they checked my gallbladder and removed it. Not sure how much longer I can keep going like this. Any suggestions?