side effects of fish oil
has anyone had side effects from taking fish oil? in the last 6 mos. I have had explosive gas in stomach and diarraha with oily stools. i am going to stop my ffish oil for a few weeks to see if that is causing my problem. Dr. can't seem to pinpoint what is going on. I bloat and have terrrible bouts of gas and oily stools maybe some one has had the same.
Have you been checked for issues concerning our pancreas or for celiac disease?
I had a colonoscopy and he checked for severasl diseases (crohns etc) no sign of any thing like that. I had a scan of stomach and nothing showed up there . Dr. is now running a blood panel to see if there are any abnormalities. But after reading about the fish oil and having all the symptoms I am inclined to believe that may be my problem. we will see.
thanks for you input will keep that in mind and ask my dr.
have a great day.
No, fish oil will not cause this.
You might want to arrange for a HIDA scan of your gallbladder.  
Yes, fish oil can cause that!  How much are you taking?  I take 1, only 1 a day, or else I can get those symptoms.  My dr suggested 3 a day. No way!  I take the GNC brand omega 3 only (EPA180mg -DHA120mg) 300mg total. It has helped me tremendously with my pvc's, pac's, and possibly a-fib as well. Just try cutting down on your dose.
Linda,  you  may get two notes from me.  Don't have the hang of this site yet.  Let me know if you receive this.  Hope all is well with you and hope you are doing great....Coffeen
THANKS FOR THE INPUT i AM GOING TO STAY OFF FISH OIL (BOUGHT ON SALE AT WALLY WORLD) FOR A WEEK OR SO AND SEE IF IT HELPS MY DR. SAID YESTERDAY SOME PEOPLE HAVE THESE REACTIONS AFTER PROLONGED USE AND TAKING IT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. SO GOING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Yes, I agree that it would be a good idea to take a break from the fish oil.  Since I only take a relatively small dose of it, I don't have any problems with it, but I do wonder if its like other oil-based vitamins, A & E, for example that can build up in your system.  Could be. Keep us posted.
Did you get my message?  Had some (Ihope) helpful ino for you.

Sally
sorry dear did not recieve your post. please try again.
thank you
wanda  in orlando
Same thing happened to me with only one pill a day.  I guess some people's digestive tracts just can't handle it.  Never again!  :-)