side effects of fudoplication
My husband has a G-tube for all food, meds, hydration resulting from radiation to tongue years ago.  His major problem is aspiration pneumonia since the valve to his airway(s) does not close and is in open position constantly.  Reflux of food and gases causes repeated pneumonia episodes, the latest resulting in more than 2 months in 4 hospitals and extreme loss of weight.  He is facing jejunostomy in the very near future.  We are told that  later, fundoplication may be great help to him.  Has anyone had or heard of  side effects from this for a patient with jejunostomy?  Prayers are welcome and we are ever thankful for blessings.
Hi there!

If he has a permanent G-tube, fundoplication may be suitable procedure. If there is no plan for an oral feeding in future, there are other few surgeries that may be beneficial as well, in the situation. A few complications that may occur with fundoplication include motility issues, bloating, dumping syndrome, scarring etc. I would suggest discussing the situation, the suggested management options and the pros and cons of each with his treating gastroenterologist before taking a decision.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!