sma syndrome
I have been diagnosed with SMA syndrome, also known as superior mesenteric artery syndrome. I suffer from severe abdo pain and back pain. I also vomit after many meals. I know that a gastric bypass surgery is an option for me, and this is what doctors seem to be suggesting, however I am a university student and only 18, therefore I'm not really in a position to be having surgery. I would also like to try some more conservative treatments. Does anybody know of anything that I can do in order to ease my symptoms? I have tried painkillers however the pain is too bad therefore they don't work. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Hannah.
My daughter is in the exact same position. She is also 18 and in college.  Right now she has been an inpatient for 8 days with no end in sight. They have been using a feeding tube due to too much weight loss.  So far she has gained not one pound.  The tube is painful and the feeds are causing her unreal pain. This is the conservative method, but as of right now its not working and neither are any pain meds!!!  Surgery is not even on the table for us at this point( i have no idea why). Good luck to you!! I hope you find something to ease your suffering soon.
Please post your question as its own post and I can give you some advice on things to do.
I have had the surgery. They took 1/2 of my stomach, and 26 in intestens out. I have been throwing up sence I have had the surgery.Jan of the year I was 105. Now I am 81. No one seams to know what to do and I feel like I am starting to waste away to nothing. I dont know what to do at this point.I am so sorryfor all the hurt. Has your daughters had an Cat scan ? This is very serious.