Gastroenterology Community
small pieces of stool
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

small pieces of stool

I am 21 years old, female. I have always had healthy bowel movement, once or twice daily, hardly constipated. They would always come out in one or two thick pieces in brown to light brown colour. From the past one year I have been noticing some changes in the movement. I no longer get the thick pieces, instead they are either in small chunks or are pencil-like, flat and smoothish. Sometimes I feel there is more but nothing comes out. Throughout the day I feel slight discomfort around the area, though it is not severe.

Can there be any obstruction that is causing these symptoms? I have not experienced blood with my stool but my brother once had a polyp in his colon with similar symptoms so I thought of medical advice.

I would appreciate any opinion.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Anytime you have a change in bowel habits such as those you're describing, it's a good idea to check with your doc. It could simply be bowel spasms, but it's better to no assume and have it checked out.
Blank
Yes I am thinking of getting an appointment with my GP soon. Is there any other ways to test for growths apart from colonoscopy?
Blank
As far as my experience goes, a colonoscopy is your best way to go.  It's quick, and you're sedated, so please do not be afraid to have one.  It will give you so much peace.  Especially since your brother had a polyp.

Blank
thanks! if colonoscopy is needed i will definitely go for it but i was wondering if there were other x-rays that are done initially to test obstructions
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...