Gastroenterology Community
smell like poop all of the time

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

smell like poop all of the time

for almost yrs now, i"ve had problems with my bile.  never, ever feels hungry, and only have a bm one a week and that's after taking a laxative, yet i never feel constipated.  long story short.  i smell like poop all of the time.  i bathe twice a day sometimes in bleach water.  the last three weeks my stomach is bubbly and i feel like it's diarreah (diarrhea) but when i go to the bathroom nothing comes out.  and i vomitt very bitter greenish/yellowish stuff.  i am always surrounded by flies or nets or some other insect.  i have lost a husband, two jobs and was told that i need to get this taken care of before i come back to church.  i have had my colon checked. after i had a bm (hard or diarreah (diarrhea)) take a shower for sometime an hour.  when i sit down i feel like i"ve sit on something wet.  please help me.  i want to go home for christmas.  But i don't want to repeat last years episode.  my granddaughter vomitted because i smelled bad
I think we're going to need a little more information to even start to help you.

What's your diet like?  Are there any foods that help you or make your symptoms worse?  When did this start and how did it come on?  Was it after an injury, illness, surgery, etc?  Was it always this bad or did it get gradually worse?  

What about your medical history?  Do you have any other medical problems?  For THIS problem, what tests have you had and what, if anything, did they show?  What treatments have you tried, either suggested by doctors or on your own?  Have any of them helped?  
Bless your heart!  Check out drnatura.com and see if that helps you!  I wish you the best of luck!
welcome to my world....the world of smelling like an ***.
We can defeat this. I have made a blog
************.com

come have a read,  lots of people have the same symptoms. You aren't alone
It seems you're not the only one with this odd problem.  Family doctors doesn't seem to know or even acknowledge this is a problem for many people.  God damn those doctors, what are they good for?!!
Stop batheing in bleach water.  Go and get a second opinion by a gastroenterologist.  

by researching varies medical sites I've learned that the stool smell comes from stool being stuck in your intestines frome constipation (I had this problem too).  Adding more fiber and using a laxitive (I use MaraLax) , excerising, by watch my stress levels and praying got me through that stage of IBS.  

Watch your diet, learn what food you can and can not eat.

check out  helpforifscom, for list of  trigger foods.
i thought i was the only one im only 14
My son has developed this bad smell within the past week.  I am really confused and don't know what to do for him.  Nothing new has changed lately, but this week he has begun to smell like poop all the time.  I need help.....please
Omg...its a horrible thing to go through. I feel so bad, My breath smell like poop. Not all the time but most of the time and I usually could feel it. My stomash start to bloat and I feel all gassy but cant pass gas. I drive a school bus so u could imagine how it is with the kids. I blush 3x a day blush my thoung every time also. Also flush and use mouth wash..I thing more than 5 or 6 times a day. I know the smell is caming from my stomash. The worst thing of all is that my husband and I are trying to get pregnat and I hate been intimate because of it. I feel so embarrest of been closed to people and talking to them and the covering of their nose and the discost look in their faces. I dont blame them but it still hurts and I use to be so socialble :-(. Any advices will be really appreciated. Oh and I am spanish and I eat spanish food all the time, not spicy hot. {Cuban}We are not into spicy food. I eat veggies too not as much as I should though. Cant thing of anything else. Oh and sorry for the misspell of any words and thank you for listening. It feels a bit better telling some 1 else than God my problem.
I have the same exact problem. I knew i was different from i was 4yrs old. My dad avoid me all my life. I avoid going places were people r. I told my family what was the problem when i was 16yrs old on they laught and pretend that they didn;t now know. And now i know want i die i'll walk up from this nightmare.   NO GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE OF THIS GIFT FORM THE OS CALL GOD B(
Hi! I understand all what u guys have been through. Your self esteem just goes zero. But keep faith. How did u get rid of this awful thing?
Thanks to everyone who posted here. It sounds like a cliche, but reading everyone's stories in this forum really helps me realize I'm not the only one with the problem and who feels so frustrated, embarrassed and alone because of it. With me, I'd have to say I was "normal" in that I had absolutely no odor issues until I after I had a baby when I was 26. Now, this was a feminine odor problem, not anal. I tried everything and couldn't get rid of it, but it kept getting worse. Then next, it was my breath at about age 30. Both of these were really bad and I couldn't do anything because I tried all kinds of things and went to doctors.

At around 38, 40, underarm odors started. Jump to age 45 and then the anal smell started. And I recently turned 50 and now I have a pee smell. I try to get to the bathroom regularly and watch my diet, but all of this together is like too much sometimes. If I control one or two issues, the others are still there. I can't go anywhere without comments.

At 45 I managed to start a career in which I can work at home, but my money isn't great. I appreciate it though and prefer it to working with others. Still going on a bus or in a store, there are always the comments as many of you mention. As the Spanish woman said, I can understand the remarks, but of course they hurt. Plus, people are doing it to be mean or to tell you because they think you don't know. People think there are solutions to everything and that you must not be doing any thing about your awful problem(s) when, HA, anything could be less true!!!! All that makes things so hard too.

Anyway, I try to find the humor -- like there can't be anything else on me to smell lol, and to look on the bright side that I do have work I like, and a reasonably good life. I am proud of myself when I manage to stay away from feeling depressed. Don't give up anyone here! My heart goes out to you all!
I will say Mitzie, you sure talk funny. :-) OK, check this out. I've posted this same response for other threads about gas, flatulence, farting, whatever...

I don't know if any of you have solved your flatulence problems yet. I suffered with embarrassing, almost 'constant' flatulence for a couple years, probably more, before I recently found something that has helped tremendously, at least it seems to have brought it well under control. Yes, I have gas but it's nothing like it was. OK, so I thought for quite some time that the problem was related to unbalanced digestive flora. My wife is a Nutritionist and mentioned it several times and tried to get me to take probiotics but it was difficult to take the oral supplements regularly.  Now, I have discovered KEFIR. If you don't know, it's like liquid yogurt has tons of probiotics and shockingly has seemed to get my problem under control. I drink close to 8 oz in the morning and again in the evening. I can tell you that within just a few days it helped and it's been a month now, at least. I get the plain unsweetened and sometimes add a few drops of flavored Stevia to just take the edge off, like Vanilla Creme by Sweet Leaf. Don't get the sweetned Kefir, as sugar is never good for you digestion. I've been getting Lifeway Kefir . I think the company also makes the Helios brand. (This is not an ad for that brand, just sharing my experience.)

I don't doubt eating certain foods makes flatulence worse. I generally eat better than most Americans but could do better. Sugar mostly, but anything that upsets the balance of bacteria in our systems should be avoided. Alas, for now, I can't tell you how glad I am to have found something that has helped me. My life was in ruin as many other have attested to with this flatulence issue.

Take care.

I don't have experience with this, but when it comes to unwanted body odor I'll always remember the woman who almost killed herself due to a life long fishy body odor that developed with the onset of puberty. But right before resorting to suicide, she googled "fishy body odor." It ended up being trimethylaminuria as discussed here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_Odor_Syndrome

- And fishy odor is not the only odor- some have garbage smell, others fecal or sewage.

Anyway it was a change in diet that she had to make. Certain foods she ate would metabolize 'weirdly' and it created this body odor. I want to say celery was one of the foods she had to avoid. innocent celery- who would have figured?
Okay. I really need to get this off my chest. I am LOST.
On May 13, 2009 (yup, I can remember the date, such a bad day), while working on a group project in a high school classroom (Junior year), my teacher points and says, "Whoo! Does someone smell a skunk in here??". I happened to be next to her. Everybody was looking at me. This may have been paranoia because my teacher was next to me. But I don't know. After that incident, I started to watch other classmates' reactions in the classrooms. Occasionally, I would see people cover their noses, cough, etc. Unfortunately, I have a hearing loss, so I cannot hear people if they do actually talk behind my back about my smell. I have told my parents that I was having this paranoia/problem. My family insists that its paranoia. I don't know if I can believe them or not, because everyday people touch their noses and whatever.
I used to take "depression" medication since summer of 2009, it has helped for awhile, but in the fall of 2010, I started going downhill, feeling anxiety. Recently these past few weeks, I have been super anxious, probably due to stopping the medication.
So my question is.... Is it possible that my family and even doctors and psychologists are lying to me that I don't have odor problems?? It is really tiring having to worry about "smelling" bad every single day, in the classroom to restaurants.
Oh ALSO.. My diet is perfectly fine, I guess. My only problem is that I am severely underweight (I am a male with a weigh of 120 lbs. at age 19). The reason why I am underweight is because I have extremely high metabolism. I have an average food plan. Could this relate to odor problems?
Also, I have no serious side health problems when going to the bathroom. Except for occasional stomach/bowel anxiety. When I am really stressed, my feces are ALWAYS wet, or even tiny. I tend to go to the bathroom before class starts. During break. And after class ends.
I thought I should elaborate my life style to help you better understand my condition.
I've been suffering from the exact same problem as  small92 since late May of 2005, and am also 19. As you can imagine, this nightmare has completely obliterated my self-esteem and caused me serious grief. I've never had a girlfriend or even friends because of this. It's been so bad that I've considered suicide countless times. People around me always obviously smelled something pure ***, and I smelled it as well.

As a kid I suffered constipation problems. I started going regularly about two years after this condition first surfaced, but still has other IBS-like symptoms like always feeling like I have to defecate. To date have not been officially diagnosed, but that's probably due to my apprehension when it comes to interacting with others, caused great embarrassment the odor problem has caused.

Year after year no one in my family believed me, and my family doctor never detected the odor or did anything about it despite countless visits and blood tests that showed me to be an otherwise healthy individual. I've always been skinny, being a male at around 135 lbs and 5' 10", too.

Now I don't even have health-insurance, so I cannot even consult with a gastro. Lately I think my depression has worsened and I fear I may have suffered some sort of nervous breakdown. High school was tough enough dealing with this problem, but college is even worse.

After reading this thread I at least know that there a general description of this debilitating condition, Fish Odor Syndrome. Perhaps there will be a solution, but every day the prospect of living the rest of my life in such a miserable state is bleak enough to turn me away from any possible future.
You may wonder if you are the only one that  eats too much or you may see your friend that eats more than you do yet they are alright but,this is what you'll honestly wanna read,it's a piece of advice that seems weird but works , if you follow it strictly,i'm very sure it will work.1st:reduce the proportion of your meal,the 2nd and the most important is that you must confess Jesus Christ as your lord and personal saviour and then with faith,claim his promise according to Hosea 14:6,7 everyday until you see changes.If you find this helpful,pls feel free to tell others.
I'm only 14 and i been having the same problems and me and my mom have went to a lot of doctors and I'm still getting tested for things. its the worst cause kids are not very nice about it and i have tried everything! i have been missing a lot of school because of it and quit the softball team. the hardest thing was when i was doing cross country/track. i was there top girl runner but this condition has stopped me from my full potential. i also do smell like poop all the time and there is always this wet substance when i sit. i always try to drown myself in perfume but it doesn't work, in fact it probably makes it worse. my school grades are terrible and my social life is now ruined. i always have to poop but i cant cause I'm always constipated. sitting in class is nearly impossible without people making comments. i need help! any suggestions would be much appreciated!!  
I just found a web site (links below - you will have to cut and paste them into your browser) which seems to have excellent dietary information for 'gassiness'. I am convinced after finding that Kefir helped my problem, that this whole thing is diet related. Well, in that our bodies don't digest certain things properly and they putrefy in our guts and cause gas. My constant flatulation does sometimes return and it was ESPECIALLY bad the other day, after drinking a fresh fruit smoothie with protein powder. I am thinking it was the fruit sugars that caused the problem and maybe the air in the smoothie (?). Plus, I was on vacation and not able to drink Kefir like I have been. Along with the Kefir, I take some Calm supplement (powdered magnesium) at night to help with a BM in the morning to keep me regular. The things we are eating MUST be considered, especially white bread, foods high in sugar and some vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and brussell sprouts. Check out this site

http://www.puristat.com/bloating/belchingburpingflatulence.aspx?pid=1&
campaignno=Content&gclid=CO-Arcyi-agCFZRd7Aodz2RUYg  

and this link to less-gassy foods  

http://www.puristat.com/bloating/flatulencegasdiet.aspx#lactose

I also have big problems after eating ice cream. What we have to realize that if we are lactose intolerant, lactose is found in more than just milk and ice cream, so other foods can cause the same problem. I am convinced we can defeat this problem but we must be vigilant, disciplined about what we eat and pay attention to the results. I intend to find an answer to this as life is too important to be burdened with this terrible problem.
As a brief follow-up to my last post... everyone is different, which includes our bodies and how they handle each kind of food we eat. Some may even have trouble with the listed non-gassy foods, such as soy. We may have very unique issues, but I still feel, that baring something unusual, or any serious illness, that most of this can be dealt with by diet. That's what makes all this so difficult... what might work for one, may not work for another. My post wasn't intended to be a one-size-fits-all answer.... just posting my thoughts and suggestions, like many others do.
I know how all of you feel. I suffered from this same condition for years. And then I finally decided to fast and pray and ask my Savior Jesus Christ to heal me from this condition. While I fasted, I continually prayed and asked God to have mercy on me and heal me from this condition, and I also read His word as often as I could. At the end of the fast, I asked to be healed in Jesus’ name, and I had faith and believed that what I had asked for, He would do for me. Our answers are in the Bible:

1 Peter 2:24: “He Himself bore our sins” in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by His wounds you have been healed.”

John 14:13: And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14: You may ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it.

Mark 11:24: Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

If Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior, ask Him to heal you! God doesn’t lie, so His word is true! So when you ask, have faith in God and believe His Word, and believe that He has healed you!
try allimax.... ;) u cud look it up if u want !! it actually helps but u cud only order it on amazon !! i hope it workes jaja like in a week u wont smell like feces nomore!!  and take it with a good probitic ..for ur bad bacterias rom ur stomage can be replaced with good bacterias...

pleace tell me if it worked =) thank u!!
I will put up a post on a thread i made to see if anyone has a similar problem :-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never seem to feel empty and i have to use a lot of tissue. Even after i've wiped up and it seems there's nothing left, i then feel the need to clean up again an hour later. It creates an offensive odour to the extent where i can't go out of the house much. Why are some people in there and out in a few minutes yet everytime i go to the toilet it's a prolonged ordeal ? i was referred to a hospital once but i cancelled because i can't travel or get on public transport because of the mental problem it has created. Can someone reccommend me a diet or offer any kind of advice. I'd like to keep a diary on my problems and how i'm trying to resolve it but this seems to be a q & a section and not a forum ?...i know this kind of things is a bit taboo but i'm a hygenic person and it unfair that i have no quality of life because i eat food. Thank you for any help or advice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the above post a while ago. Anyway i find the whole problem bizzare.  I had bottles of ale, a half bottle of wine, a few cans of beer. The next day i had pizza and ice cream because i had a bit of a junk food hangover. I probably ate other stuff. The next day i didn't want to go to the toilet so i held it in for hours and went to bed. The next morning i ate nothing because i knew i'd need to go to the bathroom anyway. When i did go it all came out perfectly, and dissapeared, without leaving anything on the toilet tissue. I'm now wondering whether or not the problem for me, and possibly others, is how the waste is collected in our system. Do some peoples body need more time to let the waste pick up before going to the bathroom ?
I have the same problem. I spend an hour or more in the bathroom because every time I wipe, there just seems to be some excrement left still. When I go to the bathroom, I constantly find myself switching between going to shower and going to the toilet to excrete. I don't know if it's natural to twist tissue paper into thin strands and clean the inside of your anus with it, but that's what I've been doing, and the smell is still there. It's not helping at all. I use a lot of cologne and it doesn't help at all. I told my parents about it, and they said they don't smell anything. They took me to a doctor, and he said that there was nothing wrong with me. At home, I don't smell anything, but I reek of fecal matter every time I step foot into school. The smell isn't as bad when I'm in open space as opposed to when I'm in cramped areas like in school, and I think it's because, in school, there are more people breathing in and out, as opposed to outdoors where there's a wide open space and people aren't cramped together. Anyway, I just can't get rid of the smell, and I go to school every day knowing that I will be laughed at and looked at with disgust, especially in the hallways during the passing period. I try to take the paths where there are less people passing through, and I constantly find myself taking unbelievably long routs from one class to the next because I don't want to be hurt emotionally by what people say. I don't go to lunch; I just stay in the library during that time, just to get away from people. I just can't look at myself with dignity these days, and I'm afraid of making any friends, because I know that they will eventually distance themselves and make fun of me. I try not to cry. And, on top of that, my parents don't believe me. They think I'm paranoid. I have a brother that goes to the same school as me, and I don't interact with him during school hours because I don't want his friends to know that I am his brother. Anyway, this problem been interfering with my daily life and I'm sick of it.
i know how you feel. Im 28 yrs old and recently had this problem. Whats worse is i have a rotten smell. I cant visit my friends cuz they make comments and spray air fresener behind my back.i penetrate a whole room and bus. It *****. And i cant even poop. The smell will kick in after a ciggarette. I shower d times daily. I need help.
If I were you:
+ renounce white flour (the great and most important thing, because of gluten) (alternative flours: amaranth, rice, quinoa, etc that don't contain gluten)
+ I would renounce smoking and coffee
+ renounce (especially processed) sugar (alternatives: stevia)( and eat fruits)
+ renounce processed foods (to let your digestive system regain health)
+ renounce alchool if it was the case

+eat veggies, fruits, choose whatever feels right for you
+eat foods separately, one at a time, do not combine them. experiment more, but keep combinations at lowest possible, as this is a source of instability
+drink kefir

You will get healthy for sure,
And that's what I wish for you :)
I am 45 years old I have tried almost everything...natropaths, detoxes, colonics, allergists, gynos, gastroenterologists had endoscopies, biopsies, swabs. I take probiotics cheap and expensive I have tried it all...I have been diagnosed with IBS, h pylori, been told maybe it's my natural scent WTF!!! also systemic candida, there is a lot of conflicting theories but the one thing each had in common is food.If I eat good and mostly raw i'm good my worst culprit is red meat cuz it putrifies in your gut, sounds disgusting doesn't it? It Is!! Anyway we are all different but I'm pretty sure we each have a food trigger. I can't eat almonds, brown rice, soy, chocolate, bacon, humus and the list is long..listen to your body it does talk to you.  I have started green smoothies it is supposed to balance your PH level so I'm on another quest to rid myself of this self-esteem robbing problem. Everything everyone posted here helps to some extent you just have to find what your body likes. It really ***** cuz i work in the medical field and I hear people say She should know better she's a nurse. Well I have after years of this have some knowledge but a cure is still elusive.So wish me luck on my green smoothie quest I will let you kmow if it helps.
Yes... it's all very much like trying to hit a moving target. In part because, our lives are so busy that it's difficult at best to keep track of everything you eat then determine IF and WHEN it affects you and for how long. I mean, does it take 8 hours for red meat to affect you, or 2 days or whatever. I think eating just a small number of foods or doing a limited shake diet for a week or two might help by seeing if symptoms subside. Then start adding other things one at a time. I don't know, but I also think this is food and gut related... how our guts are handling food... which is likely a bacterial/flora imbalance, as certain foods can wreck havoc with our normal flora. I drink one cup of coffee a day, and I'm thinking I may have to stop that for awhile to see if it helps. (Dang it!)
I like your attitude and your approach to this issue. I deal with this issue in my last year of high school...that was hell. I did not go to prom,homecoming,classes and missed a lot school. I missed out on so much.But If i had someone like you around I would felt better about. People make you feel shameful that you smell bad even though you take a shower everyday. I literally felt just like I smelled ****. lol But I realized in the end...that theirs a reason for everything.  Plus I can have like dying disease or something. I think its cool your becoming an actress because of this disease. Hopefully you become adovcvacte and speak for us alll. Because we take shower but still smell at time but were human. Keep it the postie attitude!!!!!!!!!
Take a supplement enzyme whenever you eat.  This will stop the smell
There are many many enzyme supplements out there. Are you talking about just a typical digestive enzyme?
Are you me?
I couldn't smell anything at home but the minute I got to school I knew everyone around me could and I could too. Its embarrasing. I stay in the library instead of go to lunch. I try and sit in the back of the class. I hate this so hard though. I even put my binder over my lap and cross my legs. Its awkward for a guy.

My theory and what works for me is to not eat so late. Definitely not after 8:00 P.M. If you do the food settles in your digestive track and hardly moves because your body is not so active right before you go to bed. The food would stay in one place and produce the same smell your bowel movements do.

Best of luck guys. Hope you figure it out.
As many folks have stated, it might stem from a combination of things in your system.  Ingested alone, they might not do any harm, but once they break down chemically in your body, they mix with your particular body chemistry or hormones and create the odors that you speak about.  I found that when I wear silver jewelry, the metal reacts with my skin and causes me to give off a very musty/mildew odor. It took me quite a while to figure that the religious medal I wore around my neck was the culprit. I'm sure there are numerous other things that would cause this too. Perhaps your body contains a high amount of natural metalic substances?  Just a thought.
I had a problem like this for a long while. Here is what i did.

Give up wheat and be put on a coeliac diet. I found that this was the reason i always felt constipated. You wouldnt belive the amount of people that connot digest wheat properly. the only problem is that wheat is in nearly EVERYTHING. Biscuits, beer, bread, cakes, pasta, and alot of ready meals, but tesco and other supermarkets have a great free from range.

but the main reason how i solved this was by going for a poop every moring at around 8 o clock. what i found was that if you went to the toilete it would stop the smell, this where the wheat free diet kicked in because wheat was what was making me feel constipated. a week after i took the diet i was going to the toilete easilly and the smell would go. however i then found that it came back about an hour after lunch.

Basically u go the toilete after a meal to do a poo, but you will have to get your body trained to go in the moring by getting up early. then you are set for the rest of the day. Job done. And ive been to private health care and had all kinds of tests done but they arrived with no conlclusion so its best to just try this out first and see how you get on =D. Good luck.

hey sweetie, dont think negative there is hope for us im in the same situation as you. Im 25 and my boyfriend loves me with all his heart and i have great friends that surround me. But for others who dont know me they do tell me mean things,  like 'omg who is ever going to be with you'? that makes me feel bad and to be honest im a very pretty girl but it ***** that i smell like ****, i feel like sometimes i smell more than other days or other days a little lighter...idk but im sure going to a gastroenterology to check myself and see if there is anything they can do for me.Id been living with this 10 years so u can imagine how i feel...='(
I was in exactly the same situation as you and I was starting to walk on a dark road untill the day I spoke to my grandmother about it,,,suprisingly she had the solution. Here are the steps its pretty simple compared to the other solutions posted here.

-3 table spoons of cider apple vinager (use the expensive one as it contains more goodness than the cheap ones) and 1 tea spoon of honey (any honey will do).

-Mix these in a tea cup untill the honey is disolved.

-Add water (warm or cold), fill the cup and mix.

-Drink it 2 times a day

1st) In the morning before you eat anything (make sure you don't eat anything for 15 min after drinking).

2nd) At night before you go to sleep.

() Also eat alot of those high in fiber biscuts through the day.

It really works for me really hope its works for you guys. I love u all, we are in this together. You are not alone.
same problem with me. a sour, feces smell that wont go away. I noticed it get worse when im having bad diet, ive tryed to keep myself to strict diet with alot of raw vegtables, spinach leaves, celery, carrots etc, and drink 3 litres of water a day along with weetabix for breakfast with honey. alot fruit during day and a good healthy diner with vegtables, tuna and wheatin bread i took also, i noticed the smell go by 90%, if i dont stick to the strict diet like i went off track before and the smell comes back again. Im just holding it of with the food im eating but still havent found a cure, doctors said before it could be bacterial infection or fungal disease, but cream tablets and stuck for that didnt work. so basically stick to the strict diet for now untill some1 comes with a cure..
My husband and I are having the same problem.  We started taking Beano but it doesn't seem to help much.
Hi, I too suffer from the same problem.mine started at the tender age of 14 alll I can remember is I was constipated for about two days and then the constant smell began, I am now 21 years old. As you can imagine this ruined junior high , high school and everything else for me. I became aware of the smell because people began to comment about it , I was teased at school and at every job I have had. I dont have poor hygiene and I have tried just about everything , I have seen doctors , but they say I am imagining things , but I know for a fact that I am not because others around me notice the smell. I have tried powders , spray , gas pills and I thoroughly clean myself and the smell is still there, even seconds after I shower.  I need help , this embarrasing problem has ruined my life long enough , I just dont know where to look for help anymore if anyone has found the cure to this awful curse please let me know.
Hi , I was just wondering if this is stilll working for you and if your positive the smell problem is completly gone? I have been suffering with this curse for years and many times thought I found the  solution , but then people comment about the smell and I realize it still there! Thanks.
I have the same problem.  I found for me its a compilation of things, mostly liver working slowly and the body not being able to clear waste effectively, it comes through the pores.  I've found that its basically a cellular problem.  Not enough basic elements left in my system due to poor diet, tobacco use for years, and past drug use (15yrs ago).  All this depleted the essential minerals the body uses to cleanse itself and for the body's systems to function properly (including digestion and elimination, skin problems (oily, smotches).
I've learned about tissue salts.  Please research them!!!!! There is a salt for everything under the sun.  Thank God!!!!!!!  For us there is a cure!!!  And it is cheap!!!!  Its one of the 12 tissue salts......its silica.  Research it.
I've been taking it for 3 days now and my skin is already healing!!!!  Nothing else has been able to do this, I've tried everything.  My smell is a little worse right now but that is a good thing.  The first thing that silica does is bind toxins and general nastiness inside the body and expels it rapidly.  That is why my smell is worse right now.  But it will soon all be gone!!!!  That includes bad breath, stinky feet and butt, clammy hands, sticky sweat, and all forms of body putrefaction.  It actually rebuilds the cells that are damaged or not functioning properly- the cells of the liver and colon and kills anaerobic bacteria in the body and mouth, and brings the whole body back to a state of general good health.  It takes a while for the whole process to work......maybe 3 to 8 weeks in total.....but you will see small improvements in a day or two with other things associated with body odor.  Please for the love of God...look into this!  Just google tissue salts.  I never thought that a solution was this easy or affordable.  You can get tissue salts at any health food place for like 500 tablets for $10.
So, how does this affect your clothes? Does the smell stay in your clothes when you take it off? Wearing fake fabrics can make the smell more intense because they are hard to breath through, not a breathable material, for instance polyester, satin, rayon, spandex. Wearing more natural clothing like cotton, silk, and wool helps a lot.How do you take care of your laundry? How do you get the smell out, if any?
You know, I'm a Christian as well and I understand the path you have laid out, but I also know that for whatever reason, God does not heal many many issues for many people. I have known some of the most lovely Godly people that have died of diseases. We can only say that it's all in God's indiscernable wisdom that he allows such to happen. So, this 'one size fits all' method of 'pray and you will be healed' sounds very spiritual to Christians that have no serious problems. But for those suffering with long term, even life threatening problem, it can create anxiety and make one wonder if something is not wrong with their relationship with God. Yes pray, seek the Lord, but continue to look for answers as well in the natural world in which he has placed us. Perhaps some may say even that shows a lack of faith and the reason for not being healed. I've known of folkn that have literally prayed til they died. There is no shame in that. It's all a mystery. I prefer to supplement prayer with finding a 'medical' or natural solution in all the wisdom God has granted Man to discover and develop things that help heal the multitude of ills humankind is suffering. And if God heals me in the mean time, all the more better!
See a liver or/and kidney specialist, the same thing, excessive bile, happened to my father before his liver failure and transplant.  Best of luck to you.
I see few real suggestions, this is my exp. I am 39 just developed this issue of fart that keeps my anus wet from some kind of mucus that travels with the fart. The result: - smelly *** that get the people around you ten miles away. This started when I was in India in 2010 April and lasted up to now, I realized a few things about my body:-

1) I feel bloated after food be it breakfast.....
2) After food, flatulence accompanied with traces of feces that causes BO
3) Damp, itchy ***

This is what I did, I visited the doc, he gave me more cause to worry than really help. You cant blame him, he is not sure.

I went on a fast for 3 days, taking in only water and guava, what I noticed is that my bowel seems to relaxed and the smell has reduced tremendously. I suggest that all try this and gradually get back into your eating habit in the next several weeks on. Don't eat too much and keep it consistent, your stomach need rest and detoxification after all this years. If you are a young individual, your body is letting you know that you can only eat small portion of food extended over the course of 10 hours. How you divide your food intake is something you work out based on your daily schedule. Get a good 7 hours of rest a day, start the day by drinking warm water( 5 glasses at least) even before you brush your teeth, have very light breakfast, divide your lunch into 2 portions and that goes for dinner too. No late night snacking. Avoid milk or dairy products, meat ( divide this portion accordingly so not to strain your stomach). Most importantly be prepared to alienate your self for awhile, be focused and believe it's gone. If you like alcohol, trash that though, go with some smokes if you have to.        

How do I get to your blog?
i have a bad smell, when i walk in to room everyone stop and smell .One time i smelled up a hold building . Walking in stores is no better, it seem the more people im around the worst it gets. it started with my feet and then my balls now i a lump on my temple that smell like **** ,it grabbs every odor and make it 10 times worst . please help i have lost four good jobs , cant even support my family , please help
I am so glad you brought up Christ because I have confessed and am getting deliverence, as long as i stand on the word of God it stays away when I am lax in reading the bible or doing warfare it will come back (them sneaky demons) and i remind them that I was delivered of this problem and they cannot stay by the Blood of Jesus. unfortunately came another stinky female issue so it transferred and we are working on that issue now. So I do have the Lord in my life otherwise I know I would have committed suicide long ago. Even when I walk to the store I imagine Jesus walking with me encouraging me to not be afraid.Like a father and child. So thank you

Thanks alot I will try that out, I think it is my over eating I love food but apparently it doesnt love me or my body doesnt love it lol. I will post on updates
I know what you mean by coffee, I love my 1 cup but I think its a problem for me too. I did notice my coffee creamer has soybean oil in it...soy can cause body odor  and ranch dressing too has soy in it.  So I have to stay away from soy.  Bummer!
Same feeling with me, i feel like i cant sit down without feeling wet or sweaty or uncomfortable, and then when i get up from sitting down all the stored gas releases and i smell like poop. Its so embarrasing and has really held me back in life.
I have read everybody comments and I thought atleast one person will know what it is and how to stop smelling like this and it sounds like nobody knows that's not good!!!!!!!  So you mean to tell me I got to go around smelling like **** the rest of my life... I'll die before suffering that pain
Does anyone who says that their problem is caused by needing to pass fecal matter think that their problem is worsened by going to the bathroom fairly soon after eating ?

I also think that non believers in 'God' should rely on science. Quite a few people on this thread seem to think God could save them. I don't think this is the case, and i'd like to say that there is hope for everyone, regardless of what they do or do not believe.

Helping someone with these issues doesn't have to be about giving someone some sort of cure, as i doubt everyone would have their problems corrected by the same methods. People could all help each other by just interacting with each other and sharing thoughts.

Good luck.
Did you try testing for parasites.I have heard of the smelling like poop thing.  They are more prevelant than you would think.  Get the book natural herbal therapy by Lucinda Robinson.  She has helped me tremendously.  You can talk to her and she is interested in helping people not sending for tests with no interest in your health.
Maybe some people have got over these problems, but they simply don't tell anyone. It's an akward condition, and many people don't even like interacting with people who have a similar problem. Many people come on and make one post to see if they can be helped, without offering to help others. Even as i type this i know nobody is even going to care in the slightest. I'm at a stage where i'm fed up looking for help. Good luck to anyone in their quest for a solution.
guys Im in tears hearing your problems.Im also suffering from it from 2 years. Im a 18 years boy from India.. there is always a **** smell coming from my body even after coming back from the washroom.Im always in the taught of suicide because this stigma has ruined my life.all this started when i had completed my 10 th grade wit very good marks and joined a reputed college. al was normal until one unforgettable day. i attended a wedding where i ate and from the next morning my life was complete hell.i was not understanding what was goin wrong with me..everyone around me like my friends,teachers would smell poop and it was a very embrassing situation for me.sometimes my friends ask me what's wrong wit me and Im speechless.. now i have joined an engineering college and the problem persists.i have developed very low self esteem and don't mingle wit much people,don't attend anybody's homes,nor weddings.. Im depressed all the time.this has affected my studies and i have gone down from a distinction holder to a below average student.. all my happiness,joy has vanished.. i had bowel problems right from childhood but i never took it seriously. i visited doctors but they don't understand my problem and send me wit some medicine which is of no use .. because of this i have stopped visiting doctors. its soo embrassing.. whenever i visit the washroom small amount of poop has come out without my knowledge and i think that was the reason for the stench. but even after cleaning up the smell continues. i had small haemmorids and i think i have them. and i have decided to attend a new doctor who is specialist in bowel problems tomorrow. i would pray for you all suffering so that you get rid of this problem. please do pray for me  too  
guys i just returned back from the hospital. a surgeon examined me and told that i have too much constipation and because of it i have started developing piles.. he gave me some medicines and told me to use them for 20 days and told that my problem will get solved.
if it persists then he told me to undergo a minor surgery to overcome it.. will post here after a month telling whether the medicines actually worked..
thats great news Depressed guy :) glad you posted back,

Now that you mentioned that, I wanna add, in 2005, a doctor took a Xray of my large intestine because I told her I had issues with smelling bad from the anal region. The xray showed I had megacolon, so she put me on fiber and got me a referral to see the specialist.

The specialist didnt find anything wrong with my bowels after a segmoidoscopy. had alot of fiber and a small laxative as a presciption.

Didnt stop the symptoms. Dealt with the problem for another 5 years until I couldn't handle it anymore(bad comments). Saw a specialist in 2010, told him I've seen 2 specialists already, he puts me through a Defography with a Barium enema, find out when making a BM, I leave stool inside my rectum, about 2 and a half inches of the stuff. I am looking at the feed on the T.V., and I tell the doctor there, "why can't I feel that?"

Because being constipated so long the nerves around my rectum have become weak as well as the muscle.

Have a BM, smell bad, during and after. Be constipated(and not know it), smell bad during and after.

Looking to see another specialist and push to have the lower end of my colon taken out and the anus sewed up tighter. Wouldnt mind having a colostomy bag, as a option too. At least when I leak, it can be managed.

I was a Fecal Hoarder as a child, since 1st grade up to freshmen in high school :( stopped cause I knew it would cause problems in the long run, and it did after H.S.

Hope you respond back ASAP, could use your input ;)
not to sound rude. but i'm skeptic here. you have to bear in mind some people post fake story just for like kicks or see what happens.

she only made one post and said nothing about seeing doctor.  this is not to say all stories here are lies but something feel off on this one.

"flies around me all the time."  i dunno...
My tears are dry now I can explain my story. Just like you guys I was somebody on a path of excellent living. My field of joy required for me to be seated 9-10 hours daily. I had purchased a cheap car,this  is where I thought that rancid smell came from first,or it coulda been the moldy apt. I rented for 6 mos. Either way my life changed dramatically. A co worker shouted "It reeks of *** in here!" My asset was moist so went to check. OMG! I just had showered,lived a block from my job.HOW!? WHEN!? Most importantly WHY!? I want to start a group for humans like myself! The ones with working noses,the believers of our unique problem. Ya know what hurts the most,, you know,, when no one believes us.Paranoid you say! Lets get proof of nose scratchers ,coughers,fake eye diggers! You are apart of My club until you're fixed and smell free like the others. Lets date,chat,go out with each other. I too have suicide riding in my mind some where along the stank,but wish to shed a Bright smellfree light on this they call "Paranoya"
I'll start with the basics. I
smoke cigarettes and "doobies"
love a cup of joe in the morning
eat what's in my budget,w healthy intent
shower 3-5 times daily
sleep 5-6
poop everyday 1-2 if I eat good
have acne I think
smell-face cleansed daily, breathe brushed twice w a cavity
smell-fingers n hands,under arms groin area
ya. sure.. i will be posting here al the treatment i undergo so that it might be helpful.. the surgeon has given me 1 sort of cream to apply in and around my anus,a powder which i should drink at night to avoid constipation and has told to sit in a  tub containing water,salt,dettol for about half an hour daily... he also told to exercise daily like stand and sit exercises for half an hour to loosen the muscles of my stomach.. all this prescription is for 20 days.. basically doctors here in India don't exactly are able to understand what's goin wrong in me .. so my hope is on.. i wish that i get cured in the early days of 2013.. hope is still alive.. will pray for you all guys.. and here's a proverb which has been lately giving me some sort of inspiration (not completely) -
"heated gold becomes an ornament,
beaten copper is made into wires,
depleted stone becomes a statue,
so the more pain you go through your life the more valuable you become"
bye guys
wit the prescription the surgeon gave my constipation is considerably under control but the poop smell is as usual and yuk Im depressed once again !!!!
thanks for the reply,

sorry to hear of your depression returning :(
i'm on the psyllium fiber too, been 3 weeks, although symptoms are still there.
I still leak after a run, or when I relax, so Im going in to see a specialist and maybe get a Sacra Implantation to tighten my sphincter. Could help I suppose, since my problem is worse after a bowel movement and when i get that 'slippery feeling' down on my anus when I relax.
Hope you get some good news, worried bout ya
also want to add,

I've noticed my brother has a weird heavy 'sweet' smell that lingers around him. And he also must be constipated alot, because he told me he can only make a BM while he is smoking a cigarette. My mom has a sign posted in the bathroom,'do not throw your cigarettes in the toilet'. Well, i asked him,"what if you don't have a cig?"
"I can't go"
I know he's been constipated consistantly. I also noticed how my mom treats him. He'll jump in the car and fume up the place. She'll ask,"have you been taking showers?"
He'll say "yeah,...why?"
I was wondering, if he asked me if he smelled funny, because of my experiences, I would tell him constructively, yeah you smell alittle weird. But in his case, all's he has to do is get his bowel movements in order, play more basketball(he lays around alot), stop smokin so much pot, and he'll be fine.
I developed mine over decades of not letting myself make a BM when I should, wore out my nerves in my rectum and sphincter :(
hope that shines sum light in anything :)

Can I have the name of your blog? I've been dealing with this for three years and it has affected me emotionally. I have a temp job and already people are putting their fans on and coughing. It is so embarrassing.
People want solution to this problem and I know all to well. It's this food is no longer food, it's a chemistry excercise performed in a manufacturing process and then presented in supermarkets or promoted by some tv pisstake chef.
Like some people have said get off all white flour based products, cakes biscuits, anything containing gluten, suga!, sugar!, sugar! Look these gi doctors just love to carry out all the test under the sun, maybe it's how they train them at med school.

You don't have to consume all these vegs and fruits people recommend, as some of this fruit will turn to sugar.

Simply try this for 1 week : Gluten free diet and if you're not convinced. Gluten free muscili with hot water.

I had my smelly, wet feeling arse for over 40 years, so call be a veteran but this is the only thing that as ever worked for me 48 hours it stops almost like someone just turns off a tap.

Best of luck, feel free to message me if you wish
please help us all in getting rid of this pathetic situation by sharing the remedies taken by you in getting rid of this.. i wasn't able to pm you because of some problem wit my browser. so i have replied here..
yaa. Im depressed al the time.. my life has literally become hell and yaa, i haven't still reported back to the surgeon who i had met.. after a few days i will go back to him. ! lets hope for the best :'(
Thanks for the info, very insightful :) So some ideas came to me,...

If its true that bacteria lines our large intestine and sugar can help a certain, unfavorable, strain of bacteria thrive, I'm wondering what kind of process takes place, like, would the large intestine produce more fluids, and could having more fluids have the body work harder to eliminate that substance, maybe cause odor in the process? Maybe, drying out the colon, causing constipation? Or the reverse diarrhea? Could a fluctuation in the large intestine occur between producing more fluid and drying out that fluid, over a specific amount of time, cause irritation?

What kinds of reactions happening when we introduce too much sugar to the large intestine?

I have read that having too much protein can make the body work differently in eliminating it from our systems.  We sweat the excess out of our pores, and it can smell of urine. I have had a relative who worked out a lot and ate a lot of protein, and after a jog, he would have a faint odor of urine. So I googled it and let him know, because his new girlfriend stopped by after he worked out, one day, and was standing in his room, I laughed tomyself when she said, “do you guys live near a meth house? Something smells like urine.”
Just something to think about, smells have a reason to occur.

I have so many questions, I should write them down. Have a good sit down with a GI.
OMG , i'm so dumb! Guys this is NOT SWEATING! sweat does not sweat ! sweat doesn't create odor. For example your armpits sweat but the bacteria causes the odor. Anyways it is not sweat ! you think it's sweat because it just gets wet and you're not sure. THIS problem is Anal Leakage ! or fecal incontinence! My problem started in September , when everyone said "what is the smell" .I was scared and thought it was me because my butt was wet. A lot of people sweat in that area when playing sports or going to the gym but most don't have a smell. If you have thses symptoms then you have anal leakage:

-When you sit down your butt get wet.
-Awful Smell
-When you are sitting it feels like you need to poop or something and you are trying to hold it.
When you wipe your butt , it gets wet after 4-6 minutes or less.

So if you wipe , the sweat i gone! But this is not sweating guys! THIS is Anal Leakage! I am meeting a surgeon to get this cured.

You're probably leaking because of many reasons like Inflammatory Disease or Constipation or Diarrhea or maybe anal nerve muscles are damaged. So see ur doc.

In the mean time i found things that reduced the smell and wetness but not COMPLETELY ! The smell is still there and people do notice it but it's more comfortable and less leakage. This is what helped me a little.

- Have a bowel movement once a day(normal) if can't then u have
constipation that is causing the problem

- Practice to control the external anal sphincter : Tense ur anus as hard as you can for 5 seconds or longer as if you were trying to hold gas. Practice ten times a day.

- Relax and don't be stressed cuz it can cause this problem too.

-after bowel movement before wiping tense up butt for 6-10 seconds and release for 3-5 times { this will leak most the waste in you butt]

- Drink Cranberry Juice and eat Garlic daily ! Cranberry juice is really good for digestive system!

- eat Healthy like Yogurt and eat foods with high vitamins and proteins like eggs and Orange Juice has 100% vitamin C which is really good.

-Shower Daily and scrub that are gently with loofah.

-Exercise daily and or play sports.

- Don't Wipe too hard because you will damage your anus , take your time.

-Eat FRESH vegetables and FRUITS which helps too.

-Take a lot of fiber (Metamucil)

So guys i did this on Sunday and i saw improvement on next day (Monday at school) and it's Wednesday and still go better and more comfortable!
I hope i can cure this! People still do notice the smell but it has gotten better! I hope it goes away soon! Don't sit somewhere for too long! I sit in class for 75 minutes and i try to get up at least twice for whatever excuse ! LOL!

But yah , and the other thing is if you shower daily and you have that butt smell ; RElax and don't think it's always you who smells like ****! you don't smell like **** generally. I found that stress and thinking it's always you and getting embarrassed is also  another cause of this! You have a medical problem and that's why it smells so JUST  RELAX and be comfortable!

BUT until you get CURED , just ignore people that's what i try to do! If people or your friends are nice and REAL friends then they won't make fun of you! I hope this helped ! I swear i thought it was sweat at first but noo no no it was leakage . I will update when i meet my surgeon in April ! Later
ya i always try to be wit my nice and REAL friends who do embarrass me by passing comments. but somewhere down the line some unknown or a causal acquaintance passes off a lewd comment and i get dejected,rejected and depressed..
im living in a'world' where only darkness persists and light is far away !!!
I have been dealing with a really bizarre body odor for about 6 years now. I am a female, age 22 and this problem has also caused me to be severely depressed and suicidal. Sometimes I think it is gone, until someone says a comment like " it smells like **** in here," then my life comes crashing down once again. All I can do is bare with it, knowing that everyone around me thinks I smell like **** all the time, or I can go home and be in isolation.

I used to think it was my imagination (because I actually can't smell it at all) until I overheard a group of my really close friends discussing my weird, fecal odor. It really ***** to know that I confuse and repulse pretty much everyone that I come within arms distance of, but the fact that most of my friends put up with it makes me think that they must be really true friends.

I have always been a really social person but this condition has made me terrified of meeting new people and of being in group situations.  I don't have any digestive issues and have a very healthy lifestyle but nothing seems to make any difference. The only thing I know is that junk food, alcohol and caffeinated beverages make it way worse. I have been doing research on my condition for years and can't find any solutions. I am way too embarrassed to go to a doctor about this and based on what other people have said, going to the doctor won't help much anyways.

It does help to know that I am not alone in this struggle.  
glad u posted, I have this problem as well,

i can deal with it a whole lot better now, but i still isolate myself majority of the time.

hang in there, your still young! I'm 34 and I've been suffering the scathing comments for a decade.
but i would like to offer some advice, you must speak to someone about this condition (doctor, therapist, close family member,...), because it's something that is happening to you, it's not who you are on the inside.

good luck ;)

so good luck to you,i hope you get it straightened out!
okay let us analyze what exactly is going wrong in us -
im 19
the foul odour is at its peek in the morning and as the day progesses the odour gradually comes down ( not completely) and then after i return from the washroom the foul odour reappears and then again as the time passes the foul odour deteriorates..
another thing which i find unusual is that i myself at most of the times cant smell the foul odour and rarely do i smell my own foul odour..
my nose is perfectly alright in smelling other odours like say of a flower,perfume or any other garbage thrown over the roads (usually this is a common sight in the sub urban roads of india) ..but i don't understand why my nose is not able to smell my own odour..
do leave your opinions and comments because INSTEAD OF SUFFERING WE SHOULD FIGHT BACK
oh my gosh :-B :-B suffering from a decade.. im suffering from almost 3 years.. i cant even IMAGINE myself holding on with this problem for a decade
One reason you may not be able to smell it yourself is because of 'sensory adaptation'. This is from howitworksdaily.com - "This is due to a phenomenon called sensory adaptation, which is not yet fully understood. During sensory adaptation our brain adapts, recognises the constant smell is not dangerous and stops identifying it so it is not overloaded with redundant information. Our olfactory sensory neurons also adapt to the repetitive odorant stimuli by reducing their rate of firing. Therefore we perceive the smell to be fading, allowing us to adapt to our environment and perceive new smells." Basically, our noses get use to smells they are exposed to for long periods of time and don't recognize them unless the are absent for some period of time.
how long have you been doing this? Do you have to stay on the gluten free diet forever?
> One reason you may not be able to smell it yourself is because of 'sensory adaptation'.
Yes, i agree, i cannot tell if i'm what people call "smelling foul" until they stare at me, cough voluntarily or if i get them investigating the smell and/or whispering about me.

@depressedguy88,
Yes, i know how you feel, i suffered from this thing from my Highschool days, approximately 4.5 years, my whole High School Life was (and is) destroyed. I passed my HighSchool some 2 or 2.5 years ago BTW.

The Problem with me was that i used to have high constipation in my School days (upto 10th Grade), my lunch was basically junk at the School and i used to occasionally eat Stale food.

The Problem started when i was near to passing my 11th Grade, my body started smelling (to others) like i had not "cleaned" myself after bowel movement.
Everyone deserted me and i am (till) now basically a loner, with no friends (i don't care BTW, i'm fine with myself, don't need them, i only want myself to be back with a normally functioning body when it comes to this issue).

So back to the topic, i used to feel as if i'm wet in my rear end, as if i've just washed my rear wet, then i'd smell sort of sewage.

I'd like to add that i was taking heavy dozes of Antibiotics because i had developed pneumonia and it had worsened. My immune system was now more weaker than ever.

Then i developed another problem, i started having what people call "leaky gas", my life was and is more devastated than ever, since then.
I wouln't feel myself having any intestinal gas then, to other,s i would smell as if i have passed very foul smelling gas.

Every morning, i felt my self-esteem bleeding heavily, to zero and negative.
I could not dare enter a public bus, for passengers would stare, scold and curse me, they would let me know that they hate me (they "whispered" to me).
I couldn't attend my HighSchool for my Classmates would run away from me, they would stay far away from me, scold and curse me. I started bunking my classes and i would simply either be absent or bunk my classes (by running away). 1 of my classmate even mentioned this in his Facebook comment, he wrote: "you stinky *******, i'll tear u to pieces".

I was scared not because of him or his "threat" but because of my health problem (which had just popped up out of nowhere), which i knew would continue destroying my life further down the road.

Having suffered it for almost 4 years now then ..

THE SOLUTION came approx. 3/4 th of a year ago, i went to a Ayurvedic Doctor ("Vaidya" -- in local language).

He checked my "naadi" (they have this Ayurvedic knowledge via which they can find the problem and glands involved by checking your Blood pulses per minute) and told me that i had PROBLEM WITH MY LIVER.

He told me NOT to eat:
- Junk foods
- Stale Foods (incl. Foods cooked earlier than 3 hours ago)
- sweets/chocolates/sugar

He told me to TAKE:
- drink lots of water
- take his Herbal Medicine*

He told me that while it's our Small Intestine to absorb nutrients, our Liver has big role in digesting those supplements, when my liver was unhealthy, my body would simply be unable to digest those and i would have this soul smelling WET butt problem.

* The Herbal Medicine mainly works because of it's key component - it's called "chiraito", (google for "chiraito herbal plant"), makes the Liver healthy.

His medicine was of 1 month course, it DID work in the 1 months time and after that my problem of wet + smelly butt was gone. My problem of "leaky Gas" too disappeared over time after this as i started tking regular supplements of watger mixed (for a night) with "Chiraito" branches.

It's (Chiraito) taste is bitter, you can't have anything more bitter, than this (atleast in herbs) .

_____________________________________

I now have this new problem, i have uncontrollable Instestinal Gas (and flatulence) for some hours after bowel movement. If any1 has solution to this, please suggest me about this problem.

To everyone else, still today, because of the bad reputation that i gained when i was suffering from that problem, i'm the "guy who farts all the time continuously", never pausing for a second.

Huh, that sounds unny, but it's Not, those who are unlucky enough to suffer from it know how serious the problem is.
_____________________________________

I'm really sorry to those who have had to suffer because of me. But i couldn't help myself, it was a problem i had no control of. I want to say this to them face-to-face, but i know those who haven't faced it won't understand it, for them, it'll simply be something which they can laugh about.
_____________________________________

Hope my long comment helps some1 out there, because back then, "stinky ***", "leaky gas", "fecal odor", "my *** smells like poop" were my most used Search keywords, i used everyday searching for a solution to this problem ..

Regards,
Mr_lightBrown

Correction (of typing mistakes):

WATER -> WATgER
FUNNY  -> unny (i missed F)
*******    -> AshWipe
***         -> Ash

ALSO, my problem was with Liver, chances are - yours might be related to some other thing/s.
@lonestarguy- 'sensory adaption' i mean at times my nose is able to smell my foul odour like during morning or while washing my asss.. but most of the other times it doesn't..
i determine whether im stinking or not by examining other people's reaction who are around.. feeling low to tel but its just the i do because my nose most of the time cant smell my own sheit smell..
@mr.brown - thanks for the name of the herbal plant.. i wil consult it a ayurvedic doctor about it.. i have visited 4 doctors+1 neurosurgeon but all of them find it hard to understand..
i can understand how low u feel because im undergoing the same thing.. this problem is not  socially accepted.. almost al the homo sapiens present are not aware of this uncontrollable shiet smell problem.. so no sympathy can be expected (intentionally misspelt some words to avoid getting sensored) ..
he was just a surgeon and not Neurosurgeon
Of all the posts I've read, yours has struck a chord with me. I have had exactly the same thoughts and experiences you have.
I'm a 32 year old male and have been aware of my problem and living with it for 16 years. I like you found out inadvertently, overhearing comments from school friends. Since then every sniff, cough and nose rub has been noted.
This condition has made it hard for me to make new friends; my self esteem is low and knowing in the back of my mind that the odour I give off will have a more lasting effect than my personality will as a first impression, makes me reluctant to even try!
I like my personality when I'm drunk - I'm outgoing, confident and have some respite from this constant splinter in the mind. It's a double edged sword though cos alcohol obviously makes the condition worse!
If I could get this issue sorted I know my drunk personality would become my sober one.
It was a surprise to me to find others with this problem. I genuinely believed I was a one-off freak of nature!
I've made notes of all the suggestions on this forum and I'm willing to try them all! Thanks to all who have posted - the black cloud has just turned grey!
hello ,have you been checked for TMAU ? unfortunately there's no cure only avoiding foods that contain a certain product its what helps,do some research i've suffer with odors for 15 years and still haven't solved my problem but i'm much older than you and i have withdrawn from social activities,about the only thing i do is work and come home,even my neighbors hate me because my odor is very over powering but it doesn't stop me from doing what i have to do,just ignore people that's what i do,and if they point at me i give them the evil eye and i point back,with me it helps that i have a pretty bad temper and i refuse to let anybody walk all over me,try probiotics,a little powder daily wouldn't hurt,there's a product on the market sold from a foreign country call tramarax that suppose to suppress the TMAU but it hasn't been proven,i tried it but i gave it up afte like two days because i developed a symptom which i thought was being cause by the pills and i gave it up,hope that helps.
can you tel me the precise name of the medicine which cured you. ? im not able to find chiraito leaves in ayurvedic stores in India. so tell me exact name of the medicine
Uhm, i'm sorry, i dont remember, but the medicine's name wouldn't help you, the medicine was made by the Ayurvedic doctor himself (it was some sort of powdered mixture), sold in a local name (given by the Ayurvedic himself).
the english name of "Chiraito" is "Swertia" and it's Indian name is "Chiretta".

From Botanical.com (http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/c/chiret64.html)

---Medicinal Action and Uses---The true Chiretta has a yellowish pith, is extremely bitter and has no smell, an overdose causes sickness and a sense of oppression in the stomach. It acts well on the liver, promoting secretion of bile, cures constipation and is useful for dyspepsia. It restores tone after illness.
I called up a few ayurvedic stores asking for chiraito but they don't seem to be aware of the name.
anyways thanks for reply
Try googling - internal intussusception symptoms. it is basically when your rectal walls are blocking your passage, this one guy had all the same symptoms as most of us and after her had a dynamic MRI scan of the pelvic floor done. READ THIS - "Well after 2yrs of smelling like hot feces, I've finally gotten a diagnosis. It's called internal intussusception. Basically I can't go for #2 properly because my rectal walls are blocking the passage. Main symptoms are the lost of urge to defecate, constant incomplete evacuation, chronic constipation/straining, and the worst of all is the "mysterious odor that everybody but me can smell." Others says it smells like a dead body, rotten garbage, dog poo, fart, and (fill in word ____). Will be going for surgery next month and hopefully this nightmare will finally be over. BTW the diagnostic test was called Dynamic MRI of the Pelvic Floor, not many places do them so you have too look round.
"  HE THEN 2 MONTHS LATER POSTED - "Sorry for the delay regarding about my update guys. Well it's been 2 months since surgery and though not fully cured of all symptoms I'm glad I had the surgery done. Symptoms before surgery were difficulty with defecation (usually had to massage the area in order to go), chronic straining/incomplete evacuation, constant wiping after defecation (would have to return within 10mins to re-wipe), and the most debilitating of all was this odor that followed me. I never smelt it but others around me would. Only thing I would notice is that it felt like my rectal muscles were loose and there would be this warmness sensation (I guess this is when the odor would just seep out?? ). But this odor has now COMPLETELY disappeared. I've gone to car shows, museums, and even closed places like elevators, and no more people getting caught off guard, sniffing, second glances/dirty looks, holding their nose. My diagnosis was internal intussusception and surgery performed was abdominal rectopexy without sigmoid resection. If I can go back, I would probably push the surgeon to remove the sigmoid as well to completely cure the incomplete evacuation aspect, but life is definitely better today than yesterday. Also I don't want to sound too cheesy or anything, but you really do need to accept god and that he's your only savior. I've def changed for the better with this whole experience. Just believe in him and he will help you too. God bless"   - Guys if this is the cure i will be over the moon, I am going to go for a Dynamic MRI and possibly then get that operation done if they conclude i need it. if any else of use do the same and found this of help, PLEASE SHARE YOUR RESULTS.

THERE IS HOPE??? XXX
awesome LetThisBeTheAnswer!

I went to the doctor a few days ago for a referral to the specialist, but the doc didnt think I really needed the appointment :( she recommended me see a psychiatrist(again). but also told me to come in if I continue to have troubles, (constantly wiping, leaking, smell) so thats good to know I have another chance.  

I actually came upon another gentleman who had the same symptoms as me, but he had his internal hemorrhoids removed, and seems to be better.

I do like this find on your part, only thing is, if I see doc and say, "hey, look at what these doctors are doing, I need that." she'll doubt it and just tell me to stick with the fiber and kegels :(

its tough to get takin seriously, with this issue. theres not enough awareness for our endeavor! and we are suffering more, unnecessarily, because of the lack of understanding!

thanks again, best wishes

not sure if I posted this earlier, but check out HuntingAnswers post

http://ehealthforum.com/health/excess-fecal-matter-after-bowel-movement-t174924.html
I am a 40 yr old male and I too have read and nodded my head with each and every post as I can fully empathise with you all, I have suffered these symptoms and the social embarrassment and the constant feeling of being talked about behind your back by so called friends! However for the last 2 weeks I have been completely odour free after a particularly bad few days of really smelling bad! I went out and brought an anti bacterial medicated all singing all dancing talc powder from the pharmacy, I shower dry off and rub a handful over my anus and up my butt crack and even my genitals!!! It really is working for me it does not work with normal talc get the most potent anti everything talc you can get and guess what I tried doing without it after a shower and nearly got through the day before I thought I could smell the bad odour again so back on with the talc and it went.... This tells me that we are suffering from a bacteria around our butts which sweat triggers off,  it may not be the cure but it is a relief which I can live with and hopefully make people who know me forget that I once stank of poo!!!!
So what would you suggest?
Try this I hope it gives you some information that can help you.  Please stay strong we are in this together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IPV72B4-3c
Well nice to knw im not alone either really thought i was the only one with this problem :-(
Hi, that's good I was happy too when I knew I am not alone with this awkward disease, but we all have to do something about it, I can’t live like this I dropped out my college becuz of this, how r u dealing with ur situation!  
ok after a long time I posting back. life's completely become a hell. depression has reached its zenith. and I'm on the verge of dropping out of my college. heck. what's worse is there is no tmau diagnosis available in India or probably I haven't found one. life has become a chaotic dark room where I found no light.
life's completely a *****
You said you work at home that is a great idea what do you do...I always wanted to work from home other than daycare...
---Dealing with same issues---
from around 23 n still now @46..
Same humiliation...some In the past years, Dr's think I am making it up..and some just say its normal...I have seen Psychiatrist thinking it had to be all in my mind..but people holding there noses, facial expressions, whispering comments etc..Told me otherwise...At this very moment as many others,,,but right now I feel suicidal....Don't know what else to do..I tried so many things..Before all this I use to work out daily and when I sweated it smelled like my soap or lotions...It was a sudden thing to me..And like many never have forgotten that first humiliating day...I really thought there was hope for me I feel dammed..If I suicide I was raised to believe I will go to hell..And so I am stuck...I do want to see my children grow up to adults...But at the same time don't want to embarrass them as  they get older..Even worse what if this is a hereditary thing.      
I can't believe I made it this long...Thought It was all in my mind and slowly going crazy for years..I have been that embarrassing guinea pig for a long time I am just exhausted in everyway...But refuse to give in..Don't have no real friends. People just think I am dirty. My skin is rubbed raw 3 to 4 times daily is my routine...I just don't know what to do anymore..Wish I had some suggestion for all of you, but I don't..I wish there something to fix all of this...Still Hopeful..I don't mention it to doctors anymore..I just deal..Don't want to go to talk to anymore psychiatrist or depression meds..makes things worse for me..I just meditate and pray that God helps me keep my sanity and may the next day if one to be with no more humiliations..Just tired of making people laugh at my heart expense..I will try some suggestions that were posted in this site...Good luck to all...
bless you, I feel for you and I hope you find the support you need. I can't offer any help or suggestions only that I feel sad for you that you have no friends, real friends. I would be your friend and if you ever wanna chat you can contact me at...
***@****
I posted this under another topic but wanted to post it here as well as it seems to be a more active topic.

I've suffered with some manner of this problem as well for a long time, uncontrollable gas that just leaks out during the day. But, did have a period of time a while back where ‘the problem’ seemed to have subsided and the only other thing I could think of was that I think I was drinking a product called Teeccino. It's an herb and grain coffee style drink. See Teeccino.com   No, I don't own stock in the company. :-)
It has some very healthy aspects to it. So, I started drinking it again, twice a day, and unless I'm just imagining, it really has helped me. It's quite possible because, this drink is made with chicory root and as it says on their web site.    "Chicory root contains the most inulin of any tuber. Inulin is a prebiotic that supports a healthy population of beneficial digestive flora in the intestines. Beverages made with roasted chicory root have a naturally occurring inulin content.

Five grams of inulin per day is considered a healthy daily intake. The average Western diet supplies approximately 2.5 grams per day from common foods like wheat and garlic. Teeccino has 650 mg of inulin in each 10 oz mug so by drinking several servings of Teeccino a day, you can achieve the recommended daily dose for a prebiotic."

I have always thought our type of problem MUST to have something to do with the bacterial flora in our intestines. It's out of balance. And Teeccino seems to help fix that for me. It's also caffeine free and non-acidic so it helps balance your body's ph level. Caffeine and acid are both bad for our bodies anyway.... but of course, I continue to drink one cup of regular coffee a day... :-/

So, I have not mentioned this for some time because I wanted to be quite sure it was helping me. It appears to be for real. So, what I am hoping is that there are a few of you out there that will try this drink and see if it helps you. Please try it for at least 2 weeks or even a month before you think that it's not going to help. Heck, I don't know how long I drank it before I realized it was helping me.... at least 2-3 weeks.

It's hard to find in most regular grocery stores. Normally, health food stores might carry it or you can get it online at netrition.com at a good price right now, or on Amazon, for more money. Unfortunately. it's not real cheap, but it goes a long way. It's around $10 - $13 a small bag depending on where you buy it. And if it helps, it’s worth the money! Almost any price is to stop this problem or at least reduce it significantly.

For a drip coffee maker, the package says to use a rounded Tablespoon with 2 cups of water, but I found that to be a bit strong. So, I use a rounded 1/2 Tablespoon for 10z of water. There are other ways to prepare it and I think they make 'instant packets' too. I like the flavored ones, Hazelnut, Vanilla Nut and Chocolate Mint. They are not sweet drinks. I add Coffee Mate or Half and Half and sweeten with either honey or a bit of turbinado sugar, but it's not necessary if you like it without all that. Or, since sugar is not good for the digestive system, you could sweeten it with a few drops of Stevia, a plant based natural sweetener.

Again, I don’t own stock in this company… I’m just trying to see if it can help the ‘smell like poop community’ like it helped me.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. If you do try it and drink it two or three times a day, I would really like to know the results. Of course, as we all know, everything else we eat may affect our problem so you might stay away from other foods that you think cause the problem.

So, good luck. I hope someone else will try this and it helps, although, it may not help everyone.

Take care!
Hi.  Do you have the link to this article.  I would like to know if internal intussuseption is the same as internal rectal prolapse.  I had the delorme's procedure for internal rectal prolapse, however this did not help.  I have the same symptoms of this guy. Thanks.
Hi.
Just to let you know my situation:

Symptoms are
-Chronic constipation for about 14 years.
-incomplete bowel movements
-cannot get clean after a bowel movement
-smell of faeces from the anus (that I cannot smell) for the last 6 years
-foul smelling stools
-this has lead to stress,depression and anxiety
-another medical problem that may be related is urinary retention

Have tried
-change in diet, exercise and general health
-physio therapy, pelvic floor exercises
-numerous fibre supplements and specific diets (eg glutin or lactos free)
-colonic hydrotherapy
-colonoscopy (of coarse)
-delorme's procedure for internal rectal prolapse
-sacral nerve stimulation trial
non of which came close to fixing the problems.

My current routine is that, I normally have a bowel movement in the morning.  I then use a glycerol suppository or a home made colonic irrigation setup to get more stool out.  The home made colonic maybe doing more harm than good, but I have run out of options.

Most recently, I have dealt with a colorectal surgeon and a neurologist.  Testing from the neurologist found nothing wrong.  The colorectal surgeon found I had internal rectal prolapse and performed the Delorme's procedure.  He also performed the sacral nerve stimulation surgery.  I discussed with him biofeedback and Botox injections which he did not recommend.  The only other option he gave me was a colostomy bag.

These doctors work out of Brisbane, Australia.  If anyone in Australia is in, or has been through, a similar situation and has had consultation with specialist, it would be great to converse with you.
has anyone tried fecal transplant?
Hey guys to let you know I have been suffering with this condition nearly all my life in one form or the other, constipation, bloating, smelly farts, stomach gurgling, awful smelling whilst defecating, along with whole wet *** feeling  I would say for about the last ten years the ordour is being the most prevalent ongoing issue.
I did managed to stop it and I'll explain how I cheaply and for sometime effectivlely had it licked, at least that's what I thought at the time. Look guys I know just what you've been going through, it's a living hell. People you once spoke to you ignore you, the general public shun you, teenage kids will at times, make fun of you and shout out all types of abuse at any given opportunity.
Just a short sample of things doctors over the years have done. Many different types of laxatives, antibiotics, banding for piles, endoscopy, colonoscopy, shape test, many blood tests, stool test. If you guys can think of anymore I'll guess I have had it also, currently undogoing testing for TMAU but I suspect it will prove negative.
Am sure just like me you guys have tried many of these herbal products and non herbal products, costing ourselves a small fortune.
If you are like me and don't smoke and don't drink many of these doctors can't throw that one at you and say give that up.
I workout regularly I tend to also walk everywhere I can, not because am addicted to exercise it is just to avoid public transport so a six mile walk to my destination and then home again is something I'll do just to avoid the embarrassment, afterall of this I may now take up running first thing on empty stomach, something I've not yet tried but hoping it will kickstart somekind of hormonal/body balance, as you see when things are desperate we'll try anything.
Doctors are pretty much useless with this condition I even had to explain about TMAU to several before I finally got on a testing programme. Dietician are not much better either, sure they all understand the basics but most of the information they provide is already out on the internet. For those of you that have a sporting background like me you'll be used to knowing about your food groups. You may even want to try and printout a number of similar stories from other posters but you'll probably get shutdown for doing so, but it's only prove you are not alone with this condition and therefore please don't suggest it's all in my head., doctors.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To conclude, I think many of us will experience a stoppage following our colonoscopy examination, why because we've been given hospital specific enema, they tend to clear us out much more effectively than enemas bought online or over the counter. So it maybe worth asking your doctor if they will give you such enema and then immediately follow it up with PAPAYA SEEDS and HONEY. Please if you are in any doubt Youtube this video with Dr Oz and this gastro doctor. Here's what happened to me I began trying this and by the third day I just felt this sudden drop in my abdomen and my stomach just stop being so bloated and the smell went away I was so overjoyed that I got complacent and began eating things I stopped eating years ago and am back in this living hell. I won't make same mistake again should the circumstances arise again. PAPAYA SEEDS, you can also try blending with other fruits into a smoothie. Here's what you should feel when drinking a slight warm feeling as it enters your throat, it is said to kill parasites, now just maybe if we then follow this up with friendly bacteria supplement tablets and not those yogurts as I think they lack the high enough cultures to be effective. Look a life hidden is really no life at all. So maybe if we all pull together we can perhaps end this thing once and for all, who knows these doctors might finally get on board and stop treating us all as though it's just an isolated case of ..........whatever gets them to see the next patient with more easily to diagnose medical school standard  patient issue. Best of luck to you all