smelly gas itchy anus
For over a month I had smelly gas and an itchy, but not sore, anus. It went away for about 2 weeks and now it is back again. I get tons of fiber but sometimes I strain anyway but it doesn't seem like hemorrhoids. I don't drink enough water. My poo has sometimes* been kind of thick and sticky and comes out in small doses. I tried hemorrhoid cream and it didn't work. I am a healthy 30 year old vegan with two children 3 and 12.
I use a cream called Dermarest externally and internally about 1/2 inch.  It's supposed to be for psoriasis but has been a tremdous help to me.  I had a colonectomy in 2003 and suffer from ongoing diarrhea.  When I get the anus itchies this cream has been a life and sleep saver.  I have used it for years without negative repercusions.  I think I would have gone mad without it.  I apply a very small amount, a ball of cream about the size of a small green pea, with a clean rubber glove.

Hope you get relief.

Best wishes