Gastroenterology Community
so anal fissures last forever?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

so anal fissures last forever?

on july 2 i woke up to horrifying pain which felt like a hemmorhoid.  They did a sigmoidoscopy july 21 found out i had an anal polyp.  Referred me out to a surgeon which come to find out i had a tear beside the polyp.  So stitched both places up together.  Extreme brutal pain followed.  The doctor did NOT tell me the pain would be like that.  I was told one week would be the extent.  I had a foul smell 2 weeks after surgery.  Called the doc said that was normal.  Well, the foul smell eventually went away.  Sept 2, last week, i developed a big mass around my buttocks.  I went to the ER they did emergency surgery,,,,,i had an absess (abscess).  Stayed in hospital for 5 days with continious fluids.  I am now home but still feel a little bit of swelling.  is this normal and will this ever go away?  I cant seem to get better completely.  

I have colitis and insterstitital cystitis.  For the interstitial cystitis, i had trigger point injections in the pelvis along with physical therapy exercises.  Is it possible that i developed this awful tear from those injections?  fissure developed 2 weeks after these.  
MY BEST THING TO TELL YOU IS TO GET A SECOND OIPION. IS THE BEST  BIT
I think the fissure is from the colitis.  I hope they told you how to keep this latest surgical site clean.  That will be very important.  I have heard that anal surgery is very painful.  Fissures heal all the time for normal people.  For someone with colitis, it may be trickier.  

Diet may play a role.  I have Celiac disease myself, and for me, diet is the essential thing.  

You should go to the colitis forums here and read how people with colitis stay as healthy and comfortable as possible.  
Thanks for the helpful advice.