Gastroenterology Community
soft stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

soft stool

hi,
i have had soft stool for 3 months now. i am sick to my stomach alot now my eye twitches, very bloated always tired and always hot and clammy. i went to the doc and they did a blood test and stool sample and only found blood in my stool. so i went to the gastrologist and he did a gastro something. only found hemroids. he told me to take a fiber sup and its not helping at all. im getting light headed and sick to my stomach alot more now and the stool looks like i have undigested food or something. it has a weird substance to it. please help me
Hi, did your gastroenterologist do a colonoscopy or an endoscopy? If you had blood in your stool you should have gotten a colonoscopy to rule out larger things, and if the problem persisted they would have reccommended an endoscopy to rule out your stomach being the problem. Ive only been sick for 7 weeks and ive already had a referal to have both done though i didnt have blood in my stool. I would go back to your gastro and get them to run some more tests as it seems their treatment isnt working. Even go to another one ? If your gastro dr did a Gastroscopy then it wouldnt have checked your colon which could be the main source of your problem as it seems to be soft stool and blood. You really need to get this checked especially if you are still having symptoms and they are getting worse with time. Hope this helps a little if it all.
well ive called them and tolled them that im feeling worse but he said it can wait till the end of this month and he will just perscribe meds to me for the bloating in the mean time. i want another opinion though. what r ur symstoms? also my stomch like gurggles after i eat. its freakin *****.  thanks for writing back
I would go along to someone else, you need to get a second opinion especially if your current doctor is brushing it aside so quickly. If you where just bloating then this may not be a problem but the soft stools indicate that something else is happening inside your body especially if your having blood as well. Any doctor that desmisses blood in stool or even soft stools is one you should probably not return to and instead go to someone else for a second opinion.

My stomach gurggles constantly, it has only stopped this week. I had reccuring diarrhea which would come and go and stomach cramps that would do the same. I had and still have small bouts of constant nausea that make me feel like im going to throw up though i never do. I was constantly tired and yet couldnt sleep. Irritable and at some points unable to eat anything but crackers. My main problem at the moment is that it goes away and then comes back later out of no where and stays for about 4 to 5 days and then goes away again. Ive had this for about 7 weeks going on 8.

I also had problems with feeling queasy before and after i went to the bathroom. But i think you definately need to get a second opinion from a more considerate doctor. Hope this helps, f you need anything else feel free to leave me a note XD
I have been going through the same thing..I have h pylori, it is a bacterial infection in the stomach ( but you can get it any where in the digestive tract). I always felt full, like there was a prussure (right where a woman's bra would end in the middle) that made me feel like I would throw up by every five minutes. H pylori is said to cause ulcers which could contirbute to the blood in the stool. I have blood in my stool to. Ask your doctor for a breathe test to rule it out.
u did??????!!!!!!!????? now way. did u have soft stool too? how long did u have it for? whats H pylori? did they do the breathe test first and nothing else?
I was having soft stool that looked solid but when I flushed it would like diarrhea. Ever played with pieces of magnets? Well that is what is looked like when + and - were together, then - and -  everything would scatter....ok that is enough...haha I have probably had it for about 5 years. After a near death experience with e-coli I had a colonoscopy done and it showed I had it in my intestine and well I had not been feeling well for a while like a year or so. I felt like I was always going to vomit and I could not eat mush of anything. I finally got referred to a doc and brought passed medical records and he told me that he did not see where I was treated for it. I did a breathe test and it was positive. I took some meds for about 7 days and it made me feel like @#*!. After I completed the meds the soft stool stopped and I am feeling almost 100% better. I had another breathe test Monday and I get the results this coming Monday. Ask for the breathe test or the h pylori titer test but I was told the breathe test was more sensitive. Let me know how everything turns out. I hope you start to feel better.