Gastroenterology Community
sonagram showed small dot on right kidney

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I had a sonagram of my kidneys and it showed a small spot on my right kidney.  I am now going to have a abdominal cat scan.  The reason for the sonagram was I had had a bladder infection and had some pain near where my kidneys are located.
At the present time the pain is in between my shoulder blades.  I personally think the pain is from my gallbladder since I have nausea, indigestion, belch, and am on nexium.
Could you tell me if you think this could be something serious.
Hi there!

The pain between the shoulder blades and the pain at the location of the kidneys are unlikely to be related and are likely to be due to different causes; while without a detailed description of the symptoms or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the possible cause(s). It would be best to discuss the situation in detail with the radiologist and the treating doctor. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!