spasms in top of stomach
I have been having what feels like muscle spasms at the top of my stomach just below the sternum. It seem to occur after i eat something - but in some cases it continues overnight.   It is like the spasm you sometimes get in the eylid when tired, only it's right at the base of sternum. Not painful, but distracting. Should I be concerned? What are possible explanations... is it something I should make dr. appt for which will take a couple months, or is there a more immediate need?

Thanks for any advice.
Spasms in the stomach happen for a number of reasons, but if you have noticed them more often now than before, you should go ahead and make an appointment, since it could be something as simple as stress, a pinched nerve, or something more, such as the first signs a muscle or nervous disorder. If it's not bothering you, it's nothing to worry about, but it should be checked out. If pain, nausea, heartburn, bad breath that feels like it originates in your stomach, or the feeling that food's just not moving start showing up, then make sure to get yourself to a gastroenterologist.

If you can find a good holistic physician or acupuncturist there's a good chance they can begin pointing you in the right direction before you go see your primary care physician.

Good luck
I have the same problem. Been through a lot of tests still don`t have a diagnosis.It has caused me to go part time, lose my energy and feel bloated all the time. If you have any insight please share it.