Gastroenterology Community
spasms in upper abdomin(abdomen)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

spasms in upper abdomin(abdomen)

Hello. I had my Gallbladder out on Jan. 30, 2008. The following 2 weeks I suffered from nausea, dizzyness. 4 weeks after gb surgery, I had a tightness in my abdomin (abdomen) and lots of nausea. On March 17 and 18, I had severe pain in my abdomin (abdomen) - mainly on the right side and around to my back. It hurt to breath, yawn, talk, or even touch my skin. We went to the surgeon who had removed my gallbladder and was sent for many tests. Blood work said that  my liver enzymes were normal and I had no infection. I had a HIDA scan and the radiologist said that he saw a bile leak. He took me to another room for a sonogram and he showed us the where the bile was collecting. He then took me to have a contrast CT scan so he would know where to drain. After the tech. questioned me, I all of a sudden didn't have a bile leak, but was referred to a gastrologist for an ERCP.  On March 24, I had an ERCP. It took 2 and 1/2 hours.  I woke up with a stent in my bile duct and one in my pancreas.  I was in hospital for 4 days with moderate pancreatitus (pancreatitis). Since that time I have had many spasms like in the middle of my chest up high. I am trying to find out why.  On April 19, I had severe painful spasms. Even narcotic pain meds didn't help much.  I stopped eating and only had water like I did while in the hospital. I had straight water and no food for 48 hours, then started eating soft lowfat foods.  Things are better, but I am still having occassional spasms.  Could this be related to the pancreas? Is all of this a result of having my gallbladder removed? Anyone else have these symptoms?