Gastroenterology Community
still have my apendix!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

still have my apendix!

ill make this short, came home from work one night and went to bed, had alot of pain in side of stomache, thought i had pulled a muscle to begin with,. pain got worse, husband took me to ER, did a catscan said i have a kidney stone. sent me home to pass stone. 7 days later, and feeling terrible the 6 days before, i have a fever of 104, and im pretty lifeless, and i look like im 12 months pregnant, back to ER and they say my appendix has ruptured. huge tube in stomache to drain infection and iv with antibiotics, one right after the other, 8 day later still in hospital but feeling so much better, doctor comes in room and tells me its my choice whether to have appendix out or not. he says, appendix already ruptured so it wont again. will just shival up and be nothing over time. i choose not to have a surgery he is saying is not neccisary, i go home on the 9th day, and was back to normal in about 2 weeks.  now 2 years later i have this thing in my stomach that looks like a football, when i start to get out of bed or if i were to try to do a sit up it would pop out in my stomach,  hernia? tumor? somthing to do with my appendix?    help!!!
This sounds like a hernia but you need to see your doctor to be sure.  Hernias in the stomach area usually protrude more when trying to do a sit up or anything that strains the stomach muscles...but any swelling within the stomach will do this so it's best to see your doctor.  I have never heard of the appendix being left in after bursting but that may just be ignorance on my part.  Definitely get this checked out.