still sick post gallbladder removal
my 18 year old daughter had gallbladder removal 2 months ago due to bile build up. gallbladder was functioning at 15% from a hidascan test.  2 weeks after surgery she had increasing upper stomach pain for 2 days, then vomited bile and felt great.  this has continued every 2 weeks since.  her surgery said this can be normal after surgery and should decrease in time and gave her a prescription of questran light powder (to bind with the bile) and prilosec daily.
after following this routine for 2 weeks nothing has changed. we are going back to the doctor next week.  the medicine has done nothing so far to relieve her symptoms. she is once again on her 2nd day of severe pain and we are waiting for her to vomit so she can feel better. what could be the problem still causing all the pain and bile? as a mom i am so disappointed the gallbladder surgery has not fixed the problem on top of feeling helpless to relieve her pain.  she is a senior this year and drum major at her high school.  we have now been dealing with this for 6 months.  
Many people cannot do the same job of processing fats as they did before their surgery and it many take some time for that to resolve. If she's been eating a 'normal' diet, it might be a good idea to try following a low fat diet for a number of months to see if that's of help.
Thank you for your response.  You said it may take time to resolve...       So does it usually resolve and we just need to be patient and watch the diet?  Or do I need to be asking the surgeon for more specific tests to see whats causing the problem?
I am a 24 year old and I had my gallbladder removed on 10/30/2008, because it was functioning at 3%, as found on the HIDA scan, but I had no stone present. Much like your daughter I have still be experiencing abdominal pain and vomiting. I have noticed I am not able to eat as much as I did before, and if I just eat small proportions I seem to not vomit as much. I have also noticed that the pain has gotten less severe with time. I was told by my mother, who had her gallbladder removed 2 years ago, due to stones, that she had experience continued pain for 6 months after her surgery. I do think it is a good idea that you are taking her back to the doctor. I have decided to just deal with the pain for now, because I can not afford to my horrendous medical bill from 8 months of illness with no answers. I wish you luck, and hope she starts feeling better soon!
please post back to me asap my daughter is 12 and had 9% function of her gallbladder. She is vomiting every day 1 time for 4 -5 days then 1-2 without then 4-5 days vomiting one then 1-2 without she is very active basketball barrel racing on her horse she can not do any of this and her school did home bound because they are not allowed to be their if they have vomiting. this has been going on since January 2010