stomach bloating
I am prednisone dependent for 20 years (10 mg daily) After dinner I seem to get terribly bloated. No matter what I seem to eat I get this terrible movement that you can see and feel, it is like when you are pregnant and the baby is moving (this is the best way to explain it). Sometimes the pain is worse on the right, but then it moves left (I do have diviticulitis & hiatal hernia(no problem here I stay away from seeds and spicy foods). I do suffer from RA for over 20 years. Treated with Rituxan, Cellcept. Also have neuropathy in feet (no a diabetic). Just had cataract surgery due to the prednisone (recovering very well).  I am so upset over the stomach pains and the diarrhea.I did take a Phayzme to help, but I think it did more damage than help.  When the spasms occur I can not even sit down or lay down.  Any clues as to what might be the problem?  What should I do?  Previously when I mentioned this to my doctor she always just said my expanding middle section (abdomen is due to my prednisone). Please give me some advice. Thanks.
Is Prednisone an antibiotic?  
Sandy, prednisone can have some rather severe GI side-effects, so you may want to push the issue with your doc even though you've been on the prednisone for a long time.
I have terible stomach bloating.  Can diviticulitis cause this.