Gastroenterology Community
stomach cramps, bloody stools...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stomach cramps, bloody stools...

I am a 21 year old female and I have been sick for a few weeks now.  It started out as a mild case of gastroenteritis (diarhhea and bad cramping in my general abdominal region and down my legs to my toes - similar to the feelings of menstrual cramps).  I wasn't getting better so my college health services nurse suggested a lot of stool samples to do tests.  C-Diff came back negative, as did many other things, but I am still sick.  About 5 days ago, I started passing only mucus during some of my bowel movements.  Other times, I would pass normal, soft stool.  yesterday is when I really got scared - It was primarily mucous as the BM and there were small flecks of bright blood in this mucous.  When I pass  normal stool, there is no blood with that.  Also, I seem to rotate between passing mucous, stool, and gas.  I frequently feel an incredible need to run to the bathroom which is very uncomfortable.  When I am actually going the bathroom, the cramping gets stronger.  The pains in my stomach have not really been in just one area, but rather spread throughout my whole abdominal region.

Any ideas?  Crohns, cancer, IBD, Ulcerative Colitis?  I'm very scared and I'm at college very far from home...please help!!