My aunt has had crampy stomach pain and chills that come on and debilitate her for about 12 hours. She's had these off and on for 3 years. At first she thought it was an ulcer, then allergy to soy etc now she thinks it may be gluten allergy. What are more likely explanations given the facts.
1. She says she can bring them on by eating acidic foods but is not sure what other triggers there are.
2. chills always accompany the crampy pain
3. The crampy pain is low in the abdomen
4. She tested negative for h. pylori
5. She's had this for 3-4 years and it comes and goes.
1. Could it be a parasite?
2. Could it still be an ulceration if pylori is negative?
3. What are the most likely causes that fit the symptoms.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.