Gastroenterology Community
stomach fluttering and rapid heart rate
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stomach fluttering and rapid heart rate

i was just back in the ER on the first, had a rsapid heart rate of 140 and was accompanied by extreme stomach pain and seemed like fluttering in my stomach, EKG came back fine as well as my chest XRAY i do have a heart history but my EKG was good and once my pain in my stomach went away my heart rate lowered. any ideas?  ive had a histroy of sotmach ulcers and gastritis also can having an inflamed stomach and esophogus cause irritation on like an artery or push up again your heart to make this happen?  also all through out the days laely my stomach will flutter like exactly in the middle of my stomach right below my sternum, ive also had an abdominal ct scan which came back fine and am waitng results on my abdomin (abdomen) ultrasounnd but its been weeks sinc ei had it done so im asusming if it was somehting major my doc would have called me right away to tell me... i also get bad pains in my left armpit and down my arm... but ive had soooo many EKGS and cardiac enzyme blood tests that have always came back with good results... can any one relate to this?  i fear the worst usualy like an aortic abdominal anuerism but the nurse at the ER said that would have shown on a CT scan, i dont know if i have som esort of hernia somewhere and if i have some kind of spastic esophigal sphinctor?    does anyone know of any other tests i can get done for my heart and gastro to help find out what could be causing theese flutter in my stomach and fast heart rate. any input will help me alot and ease my mind! thank you
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

With cardiovascular causes ruled out, this is likely to be secondary to the GI issues (inflammation/ ulcers). The increased heart rate can be caused secondary to acute inflammation and pain. I would suggest consulting a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Hey, i am a 30yr old female & i am having the exact same symptoms... I cant control this fluttering feeling in my stomach @ all... It makes me feel as if i cant catch my breath & my heart beats like crazy... Its @ its worst for me late @ night... I've went to the ER the 1st time it happened & had EKGs & blood wrk but they found nothing. Said that maybe i was having Panic Attacks.... Have you ever been diagnosed & cured???

Please help..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank